Friday, Nov. 3, '23 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sourdough pizza,
Sort of in between pizza and flammküchen
IMG_20231103_192713_391.jpg
Not really round, but who cares

Badjak - I have that same tall trivet type thingy - use it over a cookie sheet in my toaster oven to pretend I have an air fryer. They look rather yummy!

taxy, I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong but that literally translates to Our Beef of Grace! Did they grab a cow from the stable? :LOL:

pictonguy... I think I just passed out. Maybe I'll revive with a 2nd plate, you can make it a small one. I won't mind.
Haha :LOL: Yeah, this is a decent pasta dish, my partner Angela's fav. Personally I would prefer a good vongole.

Of course bigger is better with shrimp and scallops, which I do find some truth in that statement especially with scallops and less true for shrimp, but but but. Angela likes larger shrimp in the 15-21 range and scallops in the U10 range, which are actually very good sizes to eat, but in a pasta they're just too big for me personally and nothing I'd ever ever put on a menu of a restaurant and for the similar reason you wouldn't find spaghetti and meatballs on a menu in Italy, unless it was for the tourists.

Last edited:
pictonguy, I agree and usually only cook U10's, maybe would not have them in the pasta but on the side. But I'm afraid I've not had luck with bay scallops, no matter how hard I try to be careful (in,turn,out!) they still seem to get rubbery. I've just given up on them. :(

I like the next size up of shrimp as I have found too big begin to get tasteless.

and yes, vongole is absolutely one of my favourites. Perhaps you can answer this as all questions to the 3 or 4 fish mongers I talk to have no answer. Last time I made vongole, everything was perfect, the juice from the clams was great, they smelled wonderful - except each and every clam was bitter. Has sort of put me off. I've made vongole several times over the years and this was a first. No one can explain. Any thoughts?

taxy, I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong but that literally translates to Our Beef of Grace! Did they grab a cow from the stable? :LOL:
Oh, that is the correct translation. But, in case you hadn't twigged on it, it's a riff on Notre-Dame-de-Grâce (One of the burroughs of Montreal, known colloquially as NDG). I'm pretty sure their first resto was in NDG.

Oh, I got the riff part, LOL, I lived in NDG for several years.
Just thought there might be something else that went over my head. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom