Thursday, Feb. 8, '24 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had tartiflette and a salad with blue cheese dressing. I made half of the tartiflette with potatoes and the other half I substituted sunroots (Jerusalem artichokes) for the potatoes. It was good. We didn't use reblochon, which is traditional, but used a local Quebec cheese called "Le Cousin". It is supposed to be similar.

Potatoes on the left, sunroots on the right.

Tartiflette with potatoes on the left and with sunroots on the right.jpg

Here are our plates, first the one for DH, with potato followed by the one for me with the sunroots.

Tartiflette with potatoes and a salad with blue cheese dressing.jpg
Tartiflette with sunroots and a salad with blue cheese dressing.jpg

One of these days I will finally cook in my new kitchen. Meanwhile, this setting up the house business is taking our time and energy. After spending an obscene amount of money on a new big screen TV and sound bar, we popped into a nearby 5 Guy's to quiet our grumbellies.

20240208_201336.jpg

We used to be able to knock back a large fries between us. Either we lost our moxie or the fries guy tossed even more extra fries in the bag than normal. Their fries actually reheat pretty good, especially with a convection oven.

Ribeye Fillet with Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese, Sautéed Mushrooms and Mashed Potatoes 🫠

View attachment 67916

I assume the ribeye "filet" is the "eye" part of that steak down under, with the "cap" being the part that wraps around the eye? Can you buy the two separately there?

I sometimes separate them into two parts before vacuum sealing and freezing. The cap needs to be rolled and tied. You get two nice portions of steak. The cap is the better part, but both are very good.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom