Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats awesome Katie!

Good news.............. I got the job!!!! I got the call today and they offered me a nursing position at the Veterans Hospital. Its been a long process (5 months).......boy the government is thorough and you have to jump through so many hoops just to land a position. I was starting to fret because people kept saying (that work there) that they weren't hiring any part-time and that those that are part-time should be thankful for it. Well the lady that interviewed me said the head nurse said if a good canidate came though wanting part-time to send the application to her and she'd review and decide whether to send it on to the board or not. Turns out the head nurse is my old nursing school director. But it was a matter that even though she approved it still had to go before the board and I had to turn in countless papers. Plus in order to get the highest amount of pay I had to prove my skills by writing out how I would handle certain medical cases if I were presented them. Well I got the top pay....YIPPEE!! I'll be making between $3.95 to $4.95 more an hour, not to mention the retirement benefits.
I cannot tell you how excited I am that I can leave my present job.......its so bad there. I'm going to work my next scheduled weekend and then turn in my resignation........boy is that going to be another celebration. I'll miss a lot of my fellow co-workers and so many of my patients though...thats the downfall. But "I GOT THE JOB"!!!! Ok...I'm a bit excited :clap: :bounce: :w00t2:

Congratulations Sizz,
They couldn't have picked anyone better...YIPPEE:)
kadesma

Thanks everyone....I'm highly excited. DH walked in the door last night and I was literally jumping up and down beaming from ear to ear. Could be a combination of that and this beautiful weather we're finally having. Have an amazing day everyone!

Congratulations and jubilations... I want the world to know I'm happy as can be....! You deserve it, Sizz!!

Nope, never had one of those. I hear they are great though. I don't think our plan would cover a hot rock massage. Not as therapeutic as the other kind. LOL.

And yes Sizz, I'm feeling a bit better today. Hoping the massage helps with that too. I'll just have to ask her to be careful around the lymph nodes. OW.

Alix said:
Nope, never had one of those. I hear they are great though. I don't think our plan would cover a hot rock massage. Not as therapeutic as the other kind. LOL.

And yes Sizz, I'm feeling a bit better today. Hoping the massage helps with that too. I'll just have to ask her to be careful around the lymph nodes. OW.
Alix,
please, just sit back and enjoy..You need to treat yourself to this..You've been up and down with something all winter..Get better lady...
hugs,
kadesma;)

Last edited:
Congratulations Sizz! You'll make a great nurse. I'm happy for you.

Alix, Can I come with you? I could use a nice massage after a long week of work. Sigh! Enjoy it my friend.

Tonight I took my daughter with her nine other friends and their moms for a girls' night out to "Bath Junkie"! They all had so much fun mixing their favorite fragrances to make their own lotions, bath salts/scrubs, etc. Then we headed to have some delicious seafood. It was a happy and FUN evening!

I have to brag about my girl, but after all, this is a celebrations thread after all. She won 1st place in Art Smart UIL competition and made the district team. She just left this morning at 6:30 to compete with other schools. She got commended in Reading and Math with a perfect score on her state tests. I'm so proud of her.

Tomorrow we celebrate my son's 13th birthday and we're expecting lots of teenagers. Yikes! We are ready with the volleyball net, dj, burgers and hotdogs for over 30 kids. Pictures later.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom