Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corazon said:
I've been teaching the beginner/intermidiate modern dance class for a couple months, today I was asked to start teaching the advanced class on Wed nights!!! I'm very excited to be teaching at a high level!
Cora,
what good news. Your students will now have the best teacher in the school:) I know this must make you feel on top of the world..Good going there girl.

kadesma

Corazon,
I'm glad to hear that. You must be in the best shape ever. With two little ones running after it's more than a full time job in itself. I admire you. Enjoy your dance class; you'll do great.

corazon said:
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! The only downside is that I won't be able to take the class myself now that I am teaching it.

You will still be dancing in your heart.

Thank you Sizz. She got 1st place in district today and got the perfect paper in Art Smart. I'm so proud and happy for her.

Thats awesome Dina!

Well its official...........I'm no longer employeed......LOL! Ok, I am but I'm not ;) . I am turning in my resignation today at the facility I work at. I wasn't scheduled to work again till the 6th of April and decided that was plenty of notice. So I can finally breath a sigh of relief to be done with that place. You have no idea how bad its gotten there and I should of jumped ship a long time ago but stuck it out for as long as I could. Its the longest job I've ever held 6 1/2 years in all....still can't believe it. Sure going to miss a lot of the people there. I start my new job on the 16th of Apirl so I'm going to enjoy the next few weeks but also try and get some of my Spring cleaning done too.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Sizzlin, enjoy your time off and good luck at the new job!

I'm thrilled and so very proud of myself for finishing a ten day cleanse! It was easier than the first time I tried it, but still had some hard days. Its been hard coming onto DC and reading all of your lovely recipes! I missed food!

Congrats, Redkitty! I have been on a bit of a cleanse myself.

today is my B-day, I am going out, for the first time this month, and hope not to ruin my "cleanse":)

redkitty said:
Sizzlin, enjoy your time off and good luck at the new job!

I'm thrilled and so very proud of myself for finishing a ten day cleanse! It was easier than the first time I tried it, but still had some hard days. Its been hard coming onto DC and reading all of your lovely recipes! I missed food!

Thanks JoAnn and Redkitty!

?? ten day cleanse?? redkitty????

Again Happy B-day Tatt!!!!

Yup, ten days no food. Its called The Master Cleanse written back in the 50's by Stanley Burroughs. Best thing Ive done for myself this year!

10 days no food...........what the heck did you live on?

Never mind I googled and educated myself.

Last edited:
This may not be a "celebration" for many folks, but it is for Buck and me.

Many of you who have learned about us know we are "cat people" and have inside and outside kitties.

One of our outside kitties, Chiefy, a female, is one of our favorites. She looks like a dreamsicle, all peachy orange and white and has long, fluffy, luxurious fur. She's beautiful.

Some time ago, I noticed she was most definitely in the "family way," and began to count the days until she presented us with her children.

By the time last Saturday arrived, I was pretty sure she was close to "popping" and implored her to be safe and have her babies here at home.

Yes, I know, it sounds silly that I talked to her as if she understood my words.

At any rate, I didn't see her at all the remainder of Saturday and none at all yesterday.

When she showed up for breakfast and morning "milkie" this morning, she'd regained her girlish figure and I realized I'd been close to accurate with her due date.

After she ate breakfast I watched where she went and wasn't surprised to see that she headed to an area where our unused electric log splitter was. It should go where old log splitters go, but Buck hasn't seen fit to send it there yet. Instead, it's covered with a tarp and an old piece of carpet.

Chiefy disappeared under a space under the splitter and, unless my imagination is more vivid than usual, that's where the babies are. Either that or the wood splitter "meows."

So, Buck and I are parents once again and are looking forward to cute, fuzzy children frolicking on our front porch in a few weeks.

Awww thats wonderful! I love cats ..... especially little baby kittens. When I was little we had a cat named Dot who popped out lil ones all the time :LOL: . I'd always disappear and even when our own cat wasn't involved. We had an addition on the back of the house that wasn't completed and in one room there was paneling leaned up against the wall. Well one time I went missing and mom was a frantic mess had all the neighbors looking for me and finally they found me curled up - asleep with the kittens behind the paneling. Another time ..... a frantic mother again requesting help from the neighbors found me in a neighbors garage....evidentally I went in and the door closed behind me and I was fast asleep with someone elses cat.....:LOL: . I still love to cuddle with my cat but at least now I don't have to resort to such extremes.

Please take pics as soon as you can.

So much to be thankful for.

Today has been such a lovely day. Mild and sunny.
We went to Church last evening so today have had a really relaxing day.
I did some gardening this morning. It's such a delight to 'potter' around doing this and that.
Then I cooked DH's favourite dinner. Lamb shanks in redwine and rosemary, with roasties etc.
His recovery, which at first was slow, with some hiccups, is now sure and steady. He is driving again and able to go out socially; not just to medical appointments. I cannot tell you how grateful I am from the bottom of my being that he has come through this.
We have been listening to one of our favourite CD's of Kathleen Ferrier...absolutely wonderful.
Our neighbours also have had good news about medical tests; so we are having dinner together next Friday by way of a double celebration. We have such lovely neighbours.
It's a day when I sense so much the goodness of God in our lives. Just lovely

csalt,
how nice to see a haapy post from one of our little family. I'm so pleased to hear things are going well for your DH..We awoke to some heavy rain, but, since it is needed for the hot summer ahead, we are smiling. You've had your evening meal, and I'm off for our sunday breakfast date:) Something I look forward to and enjoy..Just the two of us,talk, relax and get ready for the afternoon and dinner with our children..Sundays are so special here for us...Glad yours was special as well.
kadesma:)

csalt, I am so happy to hear about your hubby's steady recovery!! Let's hope he will regain his full health soon and be able to enjoy the summer!!
and hey, your "red devil" looks so happy with all the TLC you are giving!!;)

Yeah CJ, it is still early over there, isn't it... enjoy your sunday!!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom