Washington, Aberdeen-great food and atmosphere.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandchica

Assistant Cook
On the way out to Ocean Shores Washington, there is a quaint little town called Aberdeen. There are two really great places to eat there.

The top of my list is the Breakwater, it is a wonderful little seafood restaurant located right on the river at the mouth of the harbor. You might miss it if you weren't looking for it, it is to the right just before you cross the small bridge when leaving town. You can sit outside and enjoy a fantastic view of the rustic surroundings sitting among hills and evergreen trees by the water. The food is excellent and very inexpensive. The perfect place for a nice relaxing lunch.

The second place is a rustic diner called Billy's. Eating there makes you feel as if you have gone back in time. The waitstaff are very down to earth, the food is home style comfort food and the diner is rustic and traditional right down to the tin ceilings. This one is a little easier to find, on your way out of town, you will see a sign on the left side of the road just after you go through down town (which is just a few blocks long). The story goes that this place is haunted by Billy who owned it years ago and was the man in charge of the loggers union in his day. There is more to the story but you have to hear it from mouth of the towns people to to really do the tale justice. If you like small town hospitality and all it's mystery along with burgers and steaks with a mountain of fries, you will love this place.

My son was born in Aberdeen 30 years ago. I don't remember any restaurants in particular, but I do remember buying Dungeness crabs in the grocery store already steamed, and eating them with saltines.

We dug clams out at Moclips, and ate tons of fried clams and gallons of chowder. We lived up at the salmon hatchery on the reservation, and during spawning season, I would often come home to find a couple of big jack salmon on the porch. And my Indian neighbors made smoked salmon to die for--salty and kinda of dry--mmmmm.

I have had family in Aberdeen all my life and never even been! I will have to try those I love good food but especially good people who are comfortable and make it worth your time to eat there. Thank you for posting this.

Back
Top Bottom