So I gotta know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cuisine Purity

Assistant Cook
What is your absolute favorite kitchen gadget, appliance or tool?Mine is my Instapot. It is a slow cooker, pressure cooker, pressure canner, and also sautees. I love it. I can adjust temperature and pressure or press the quick buttons that cooks my food perfectly. I love to make my own chicken broth in it in fifteen or twenty minutes and chili from dry beans in only 30 minutes. I could go on and on but im gonna put my foot in my mouth now.

What is your absolute favorite kitchen gadget, appliance or tool?Mine is my Instapot. It is a slow cooker, pressure cooker, pressure canner, and also sautees. I love it. I can adjust temperature and pressure or press the quick buttons that cooks my food perfectly. I love to make my own chicken broth in it in fifteen or twenty minutes and chili from dry beans in only 30 minutes. I could go on and on but im gonna put my foot in my mouth now.

Put it in the instapot first, and pressure cook it to tender perfections.:LOL:

My favorite tools are my Griswold pans, and my Chroma 10" Chef's knife.

I'm also fond of my veggie peelers, very sharp and they take just the right amount off of the fruit, veggies, and will even shave hard cheeses for me.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I'm not sure they would be considered a tool, surely not an appliance, and not a gadget, but in my kitchen I love my cast iron pans best...a 10" dutch oven with lid that doubles as a 10" skillet and skillets in 11", 8" and baby-size 6" that's perfect for one egg. All old, old seasoned. As for gadgets/appliances, I like my immersion stick blender.

My serrated veggie peeler. It can take the skin off a peach or tomato so thin you can read through it. Perfect for making tomato roses for decorations. Absolutely no waste going with the peelings into the garbage disposal. :angel:

Everybody who has ever properly used a cast iron skillet, cookware piece loves it. My second favorite kitchen item is in fact my cast iron skillets. I was considering buying a cast iron dutch oven but feared it would be to heavy to be able to recycle my frying oil as I always do.

I have a cheese grater and a mandolin and that is about my level of food carving lol. Gosh I really definitely need a good knife set for butchering whole chickens. It is so much more economical to buy whole chickens and I still feel a whole chicken is fresher too.

I am in the sharp knife and iron skillet crowd but, I dream about one of these!:ermm::LOL::ROFLMAO:
gelatieragaggia.jpg

Gosh I really definitely need a good knife set for butchering whole chickens. It is so much more economical to buy whole chickens and I still feel a whole chicken is fresher too.

You only need a good chef's knife to butcher a whole chicken. We do that regularly.

Speaking of which, my Wusthof chef's knife and 3-quart All-Clad sauté pan are my favorite kitchen tools.

Everybody who has ever properly used a cast iron skillet, cookware piece loves it. My second favorite kitchen item is in fact my cast iron skillets. I was considering buying a cast iron dutch oven but feared it would be to heavy to be able to recycle my frying oil as I always do.

I have a cheese grater and a mandolin and that is about my level of food carving lol. Gosh I really definitely need a good knife set for butchering whole chickens. It is so much more economical to buy whole chickens and I still feel a whole chicken is fresher too.

CP, instead of wanting to have a whole set of knives, buy them one at a time. I would suggest you buy the boning knife first so you can cut up your chickens with ease. Chicago Cutlery is a very good brand and not too expensive. When I bought my boning knife a number of years back, I only paid $25 for it. I am sure it has gone up in price. Take a look on eBay also. You can get some great bargains there. :angel:

My Microplane zester, KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer, and Victorinox serrated paring knife.

Last edited:
My Wolf stove. My cast iron skillets love it, so do all my pots and pans. We brought it with us from the old house and the kitchen was built around it.
P.S. If we are going absolute basic.... the hot and cold running water is kinda nice too.

Last edited:
Yeah I should probably just get a good butcher knife first but I wanted to make sure it will fit in whatever storage block I would ultimately need for all my knives. I took anatomy class and ever since always wished I could have that super sharp cutting utensil that goes straight threw the tendons and the skin too. I always get irritated about trying to leave the skin perfectly in tact when I separate the legs and thighs. Maybe I am just obsessive b/c of anatomy class...

Haha y'all are so funny. Chief I will be sore to tell you how my pressure cooked pigs in a blanket turn out although these little piggies may taste a little like feet.

Whiskadoodle just fall in line lol

Aunt bea what the heck is that? If there is one more kitchen gadget I would want it would be the soda stream with glass bottles so I can have sodas again without all the acid and chemicals and stuff but i guess getting that bachelors is more important.

My Pyrex 2 cup liquid measure and my Olivewood spoons/spats. And since I saw it, my immersion blender.

My "Martha Stewart" tongs. I have a couple of other short cheapo tongs, but I love these. They can pick a flea off a dog.

And my immersion blender.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom