Taco salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fairygirl69

Senior Cook
I make a delicious spinach salad as a base for my taco salad. I've yet to meet a person who doesn't like my spinach salad. Is there anything else you like to put on taco salad to make it your own?

One bag of spinach, washed
1 vidalia onion chopped up
I carton grape tomatoes halved or quartered
2 cucumbers diced
2 green, yellow, or red peppers diced
1 bag of shredded carrots
Your favorite chili
4 cheese Mexican blend
Sour cream
Doritos, lime flavored tortilla chips, or your favorite tortilla chips
Ranch dressing, Catalina dressing or your favorite dressing.

Mix all of the vegetables in a large bowl. Heat up a half cup of chili ( I use homemade). Place some salad in a big personal salad bowl. Place chili atop the salad. Sprinkle 2 T cheese on the chili and top with 1 T sour cream. Crush around 1 ounce (about 11) tortilla chips and sprinkle on the salad. Dress with your favorite dressing (we've always used homemade ranch or homemade Catalina). The veggie salad base can be enjoyed by itself also or as a base for Chef's salad.

I use equal parts of chunky salsa, sour cream and mayo for a dressing on my taco salad.

I also like to toss on some black olives and a minced pickled cherry pepper for some heat.

How to Make Baked Feta Salad
Leave a reply

Directions of Baked Feta Salad :

Ingredients:(4 servings)

1 Courgette,Thinly sliced
2 Radishes,Thinly sliced
10 Lettuce leaves,Chopped
1 Clove Garlic,Crushed
80 gr shelled Walnuts,Halved
150 gr Feta cheese,Cubed
3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 Teaspoon dried Oregano
6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt
1:Preheat the oven to 175 °C-350 °F.

2:Mix 2 Teaspoons of the olive oil with the dried oregano and black pepper in a bowl.

3:Cut .

4:Arrange waxed paper on a baking tray lined,then put the feta cubes.Bake for 10 minutes.

5Add the walnuts on a separate baking tray and bake for about 3 minutes

6:Mix the remaining olive oil,garlic,lemon juice and salt .Add to lettuce leaves,radish slices and courgette slices in a bowl.

7:Finally add baked feta and walnuts .

Also you can replacing the walnuts with pine nuts or almonds,radishes with 1 medium red pepper and lettuce leaves with baby spinach leaves.

Serve as an appetizer this salads for How to Make Baked Feta Salad – Best International Recipes | TastyTasty.co

How to Make Spanish Grilled Vegetables Salad with Pesto
Leave a reply

Directions of Spanish Grilled Vegetables Salad with Pesto:

Ingredients:(6 servings)

3 Green Peppers
3 Red Peppers
3 Eggplants,Thickly sliced
4 Tomatoes
3 Tablespoons Feta
50 gr Pine Nuts
Little fresh Pesto
Dressing:

1 Tablespoon Parsley,Chopped
6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
1 Clove Garlic,Mashed
1:Grill the peppers and eggplants over moderate heat on the barbecue for about 15 minutes until the skins of them blistered and charred. Eggplants will take a little longer to cook than the peppers.

2: Remove from the heat and set aside.

3:Remove the seeds and slice them.

4:Peel tomatoes and slice.

5:Arrange all the vegetables on a plate with tomatoes in the center.

6:Add crumble feta cheese and pine nuts over the salad.

7:For preparing dressing ,mix all ingredients and pour with a little pesto over the vegetables.

Serve and enjoy your salad

How to Make Spanish Grilled Vegetables Salad with Pesto – Best International Recipes | TastyTasty.co

You make your own ranch dressing? How? Or is it from the seasoning packets?

Ranch dressing is actually pretty easy to make. There are lots of recipes online for them. Most of them are just milk, mayo and some spices. Some use buttermilk too.

My husband and I really like either a doctored up ranch or a doctored up catalina dredsing on our taco salad.

We generally brown ground beef seaoned with lime, onions, corriander, garli, and a little chili powder. Somtimes we add diced jalepenos, serranos or some mix of peppers. We let it cool to just warm and add a can of dark red kidney beans (drained). We usually use a mix of lettuces and top with the ground beef/kidney beans and a mix of other vegetables. Usually these include cucumber, tomato, avocado, and black olives. We also add crushed tortilla chips and shredded cheese (usually cheddar-jack) once on the plate.

The catalina dressing I make uses store bought catalina mixed with lime, chili powder, and sriracha or other hot sauces. I mix it up the night before whenever I know that far in advance but two hours sitting in the fridge seems to be sufficient.

The ranch dressing I make uses 2/3 cup milk combined with 1 1/3 cup mayonase (I tweak the amounts to reach the desired thickness). Sometimes I add sour cream to it also. I add oregano, chives, small amounts of minced onion and garlic, parsley, and black pepper. When I make it for the taco salad I also add minced green pepper and chipotle powder or hot sauce. It requires a good three hours for the flavors to mingle.

I make my own dressings now including making my own dry ranch mix. Then I add buttermilk and mayonnaise not Miracle Whip in this instance (it just doesn't taste right). It's better than restaurant salad dressing! We can't stand the taste of store bought dressing anymore.

Back
Top Bottom