2020 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just thinking about this the other day Andy.

A) could I make these rolls in my pyrex 9x13
and
B) I should try the two version of this recipe, side by side

When I usually make the rolls I use a 12" cast iron skillet and make 16 rolls. Then we wrap them in twos for future use.

With the 13"x9" rectangular pan I had to go with 15 rolls (3 rolls by 5 rolls) to fit the shape of the pan. So I HAD to eat one so the packages came out even.

When I usually make the rolls I use a 12" cast iron skillet and make 16 rolls. Then we wrap them in twos for future use.

With the 13"x9" rectangular pan I had to go with 15 rolls (3 rolls by 5 rolls) to fit the shape of the pan. So I HAD to eat one so the packages came out even.

bahahaha!

Yup, :LOL:

"Say hello to my little friend"

39817-albums933-picture8496.jpg
[/IMG]

I baked gingerbread cookies and sugar cookies today. I'll post pictures after icing.

some cornbread to go with a large pot of beans. Unfortunately I put the beans on the back portal to cool, and they are frozen solid now.

Attachments

• IMG_3183.jpg
    IMG_3183.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 90
I've been baking a lot of cookies lately, and last week I made a gingerbread, but now I am out of eggs, so I am looking at a recipe for eggless applesauce bread. Once I get more eggs I want to make some big molasses cookies like the ones Archway used to sell back in the middle ages, when I was a kid.

Gingerbread houses, one Tie Fighter, ready to go to the grandson's. Daddy will have to pick-up these today and stop for some decorations. Lock-down not gonna entirely ruin our party!
Have more for other grandkids packaged up but not glued together.20201220_063347.jpg

Last edited:
some knarly looking biscuits, for dinner. At 800 feet elevation I used to be able to bake beautiful biscuits. At 7000 feet, no so much.

Attachments

• IMG_3195.jpg
    IMG_3195.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 60
I made up and stashed the dough for copycat
Big Island Candies Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookies.
LOVE these cookies, they're special, to me anyways.

I let the dough rest overnight and then bake them off, let them cool and dip in Chocolate.
Since it's Christmas and these will be gifts for my Neighborhood Gal Pals,
I'm making the trio, plain, Milk and Dark chocolate cookies.
I found the cutest treat boxes at Walmart.
I think presentation is important as well as taste.
:chef:

Back
Top Bottom