Another Saturday Night ...Cooking ? 8/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Saturday's Effort;
Grilled T-Bone, with Mushrooms sauteed in butter and Cabernet, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Baked Russet and Tomato Salad...

Steak , T-Bone .jpg

Ordering personal size pizzas tonight.

SO choose a Margharita pizza and I went with a meat lover pizza.

Homemade tacos.

They were so good. I was so tired of not being able to cook.

Last edited:
Tapas/small plates meal

Meatballs in a saffron sauce
Bruschetta with my oven dried tomatoes
Craig's crab Diablo balls with remoulade sauce

Attachments

• 2020-08-15 19.47.33.jpg
    2020-08-15 19.47.33.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 62
I've really been wanting to try something new to make and I have been wanting some sort of noodle bowl. I decided to make ramen. It was not hard, but there were a lot of steps - even when using pre-made noodles. I made a seafood/veggie broth and added soy sauce, fish sauce, lemongrass powder, siracha, and my pickled coriander seeds. It turned out really nice. I found some mini-pork buns to steam.

So dinner tonight was Ramen Bowls with Mini-Steamed Pork Buns. :chef:

Attachments

• 2020-08-15 19.11.32.jpg
    2020-08-15 19.11.32.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 57
I've really been wanting to try something new to make and I have been wanting some sort of noodle bowl. I decided to make ramen. It was not hard, but there were a lot of steps - even when using pre-made noodles. I made a seafood/veggie broth and added soy sauce, fish sauce, lemongrass powder, siracha, and my pickled coriander seeds. It turned out really nice. I found some mini-pork buns to steam.

Kathleen, that looks amazing!

I so want to shove my face through the screen
and slurp up those dumplings!
My mouth is SOOOOOOOO watering right now!

Thanks! I picked up the mini-pork buns at the Asian Market. They were awesome, and pretty inexpensive. A package of 40 for around 7 dollars. They puffed up and were pretty after steaming for 12 minutes. You do have to check the internal temp.

DH grilled some Angus beef burgers, which were served on kaiser buns. Seems to be a summer weekend tradition. I made some potato salad to go with that. It was a delicious, very satisfying meal.

It was Chicken Lo Mein tonight, complete with bok chow, juicy and tender chicken white meat cubes, water chestnuts, mung bean sprouts, sliced onion petals, bamboo shoots, baby corn, carrots, and snow peas, seasoned with fish sauce, 5-spice, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce, with a touch of sugar and corn starch to ballance it out. Soba noodles were the lo mein part. I was so stuffed after a big plate full. Daufhter and on In Law really enjoyed it as well. The only down side, no room in my belly for any kind of desert

Seeeeya: Chief Longwind of the North

Thawed and reheated leftover pork tenderloin. Served with butter noodles and green beans.

Baked choc chip cookies for Netflix time..

Ross

That looks great. I'll have to have DH look for those mini pork buns - the regular ones are too much for me. They fill me up and I don't want anything else [emoji16]

For something similar but cold, try bun - a Vietnamese noodle and pork or beef salad with lots of fresh herbs. So good.

https://www.vietworldkitchen.com/blog/2008/08/bun-salad-bowls-a-great-way-to-use-leftovers.html

Last edited:
I was so tired last night, we had a really easy dinner. Leftover couscous-grilled veggie salad, a piece of homemade focaccia, caprese salad plus cucumber, pita chips and a bit of sliced prosciutto.
20200815_201014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom