Automatic pancake maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maksimilijan,well next year or this autumn you have LIDL.

Last edited:
My dad had a pancake maker, he called it his wife. She was a multi-purpose appliance.

I have been told that pancakes do freeze well. Making a big batch to last a week or two and freezing them could be an option.

CD

Blissful :LOL:
----------------------------
I make up batches of pancakes and freeze them all the time, they do freeze well. Putting squares of wax paper in between them helps them separate easily. I don't eat them much, but they're handy to have on those days when my grandson is here for breakfast on school breaks, he loves them.

It sounds like the OP is more interested in feedback from marketing and selling, though. ;)

Hmmmm, that's not the impression I got. The OP just sounds like somebody who eats a lot of pancakes.

CD

Has anyone seen those automated donut makers that "poop" out a donut into a circulating trough of hot oil, then as they travel along, an arm flips them over and they end up being grabbed onto a mesh metal belt that moves them along to where they are removed, all cooked?
I'm picturing a machine that poops a pancake onto a heated surface, then flips them somehow to finish.

Has anyone seen those automated donut makers that "poop" out a donut into a circulating trough of hot oil, then as they travel along, an arm flips them over and they end up being grabbed onto a mesh metal belt that moves them along to where they are removed, all cooked?
I'm picturing a machine that poops a pancake onto a heated surface, then flips them somehow to finish.

I'm thinking that somewhere on the internet is a plan by Rube Goldberg for just such a gadget.

CD :LOL:

No, really, the automated donut machines are fairly common at apple/pumpkin picking orchards and at festivals in the fall in the Northeast.

I'm thinking of a rotating, flipping griddle. The problem is cooking both sides. With deep frying like donuts are cooked, a simple armature that causes them to flip in the oil is easy.

No, really, the automated donut machines are fairly common at apple/pumpkin picking orchards and at festivals in the fall in the Northeast.

I'm thinking of a rotating, flipping griddle. The problem is cooking both sides. With deep frying like donuts are cooked, a simple armature that causes them to flip in the oil is easy.
Also in the Midwest. The Krispy Kreme doughnut company used to have those machines in front of bulgur /big windows, so you could watch them from the street. Don't know if they still do.

Just put a spatula on the end of the armature. That should work [emoji2]

Last edited:
I would just find a cast iron griddle large enough to fit over 2 stove burners, or an electric griddle, and make a large batch all at one time and freeze the leftovers for later.

I do this for myself, but I don't eat them all that often, so I only make about a half dozen extra for freezing. That gives me a couple of quick breakfasts when I don't have time to cook.

They make silicone molds for mini pancakes to fit in a 9 or 10 inch.saute pan. You pour the batter in, let it cook for a bit, then flip.the while thing over. IT Makes 6 At A time. I'll take a picture tomorrow, yes I bought one

What about a small, home-use version of a waffle maker, the kind you pour batter onto the bottom platen, then close the top platen on it, and after a short period flip over. But with smooth surfaces instead of crenellations. You could make 4 small pancakes at a time that way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom