Here's a Banana Nut Bread recipe that I have been using for years. Enjoy!
BANANA NUT BREAD
This favorite quick bread is delicious toasted or served fresh. When over ripe bananas are available in the produce section, stock up on them and freeze in plastic freezer bags for making this bread on a moments notice.
For one loaf you will need:
3 very ripe large bananas
½ cup butter or margarine
1 ½ tsp. buttermilk or sour cream
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Tips: Banana Nut Bread freezes well and can be sliced while frozen if you do not plan to use the entire loaf at one time.
Place bananas, eggs, butter, buttermilk or sour cream, lemon juice and sugar into a blender container or work bowl of food processor fitted with the steel blade. Whirl until smooth.
1. Mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
2. Pour banana mixture over flour mixture and stir just until flour is moistened. Stir in the nuts.
3. Turn into greased 9 ½ x 4 ½ inch bread loaf pan, or into 2 3 ½ x 7 ½ inch nut bread pans.
4. Bake at 350ºF for 55 to 65 minutes or until bread tests done when a skewer is inserted in the center.
5. Allow to cool 5 minutes in pan, then turn out onto wire racks.
1. Place butter, sugar and salt in mixing bowl and cream together on
# 2 for 10 minutes.
2. Add the eggs and mix thoroughly, add the banana and pecan
pieces and fold in.
3. Sift flour and baking powder together and fold into the batter.
4. Butter and flour two loaf molds, divide the batter and bake at
350° for 50 - 60 minutes, cool before unmolding.