Butter Poached Corn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
This idea just hit me today. We all love fresh, sweet corn on the cob with butter and salt. Years back, KFC sold corn that was heated in a plastic packet, swimming in butte. The corn was always overcooked, but the flavor was very good. I'm thinking that if making just a couple of ears, a stick of butter could be melted, and the corn on the cob poached in the butter. Has anyone ever poached corn in butter? Let me know what you think.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I haven't done exactly that. What I have done is put frozen corn kernels in a ramekin and nuked them with butter. That works really well and tastes good.

I've cut the corn off the cob and heated it gently in butter with a little sugar, S&P.

The starchy milk from the corn mixes with the butter and makes a light sauce similar to creamed corn.

It's a great breakfast side or could even be used to make a country-style version of Eggs Benedict.:pig:

Chief, have you tried doing corn on the cob in your Sous Vide? It is amazing! Corn and butter (& aromatics, if you like) in a bag and then in the Sous Vide!

Here's a link (but it is on the Anova app too): https://recipes.anovaculinary.com/recipe/sous-vide-corn

Here's a picture I took:
IMG_4567.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom