Buying an ex-display Kitchen a good idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pedevowi

Assistant Cook
I have been offered a good quality ex-display kitchen at a very good price, but it will be dismantled and sold as seen without any warranty, fitting or planning

service being offered by the retailer.

I am sure that the kitchen will fit but am worried that because it was not designed for the kitchen space we will end up with something that looks like a nasty "lash up" job.

Has anyone got any experience of trying to make an ex-display kitchen fit and better still a recommendation for a good kitchen planner and installer in the Herts area

I’m afraid that what you save on the display cabinets will be offset by the cost of finding a person with the skill to adapt them to your space.

I would try to negotiate a package deal for the purchase, design, and installation of the display kitchen with the seller.

If the seller is not interested I would consider that to be a red flag and walk away.

Just as Aunt Bea says: and I agree - that anything you might be saving in the cabinets you will likely be paying extra for the installer to adjust.

But it doesn't hurt to ask, just don't get rooked. Get a firm price - not one where after he hand you the bill he will say "Oh, that's added on as it was more work or blah... blah... blah..."
A good installer will know what will need to be done in advance - not after...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom