Campfire grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah sry bout that insty-grill, Same thing happened to my dad lol. Its actually gratemateoutdoors.com, my mistake. I e-mailed the guy and he is willing to sell me extra side grills, one for each leg.

Backpacker wedding dinner

Getting closer to our big day and feeling a little stressed about the dinner. We're planning on 50 or so ppl, and gonna have Tri-tip steaks, herb chicken breasts, Veggie Kabobs, and herb mashed potatoes. Gonna be interesting trying to get everything cooked after the ceremony. Needs to be done with daylight leftover for those who arent staying the night to hike back to their cars. My dad will help and my father-in-law as well, though when he cooks its usually 2 hours later than he says it will be done. For the toasts we will be drinking shots of Tequila, since neither of us are really champagne drinkers and hiking bottles of tequila seems more practical than bottles of the bubbly, also gonna try to hike a pony keg of beer out there. Should be interesting.

Ok I'm a camp Cook.I'd Just like to know what you are exactly cooking and how the heck are you cooking it? On what? Coal? Wood? Grills dont really matter. Its HOW YOU ARE COOKING IT? IS It cast iron? Open flame?Ect?Ect?

Shish Kabobs baby, Metal Skewers, Buy like 50! One for everyone, and just lay em out!

Chaplain Kent said:
We love to cook over the fire but do not like to use the provided grills. Most state parks will not allow fires outside of the rings so we use a grill which will fit over the most rings. Sometimes I need to put one leg inside and the other outside. The grill is adjustable to height and has hangars for utensils and pots. One other benefit is a rotisserie which fits on top of the grill. I have attached a picture of our camp fire kitchen set up. When not in use I take the grill out of the ring.

Oh my, another Airstreamer. I have seen you on the Airstream Forum I think.

TATTRAT said:
Here is one the hobos are fond of for out door grilling, and it is completely mobile!
bbq-grill.png

Look at the handle on that cart. It has a .25 cent slot. That cart was not a freebie! That food's not going to be very good, the cart has plastic
coating. It doesn't really matter. It looks like they're cooking on a paper plate.
:LOL:

Getting closer to our big day and feeling a little stressed about the dinner. We're planning on 50 or so ppl, and gonna have Tri-tip steaks, herb chicken breasts, Veggie Kabobs, and herb mashed potatoes. Gonna be interesting trying to get everything cooked after the ceremony. Needs to be done with daylight leftover for those who arent staying the night to hike back to their cars. My dad will help and my father-in-law as well, though when he cooks its usually 2 hours later than he says it will be done. For the toasts we will be drinking shots of Tequila, since neither of us are really champagne drinkers and hiking bottles of tequila seems more practical than bottles of the bubbly, also gonna try to hike a pony keg of beer out there. Should be interesting.

Well, here we are ten months later; If your still out there, I'm curious, how did your BIG DAY actually go for you Bogatee, and all your ppl?

Back
Top Bottom