Can you make a salad dressing with chickpea cream?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
i'm looking for low or fat free dressings for salads or baked vegetables

when i say chickpeas cream i mean cooked chickpeas water beaten

edit..
i've found this

Last edited:
it was very runny.

my next try is to make a aquafava mayo

edit
i've heard that a blender is not suitable for these purposes and you should use an immersion blender in a cup

Last edited:
My blender recently died but I never found a difference in results when using either.
I've pureed soups, made mayonnaise, salad dressings with both and been satisfied each time. Both did emulsify very well. You must remember to add very slowly when emulsifying.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Perhaps you'll have better results with the mayo.

I can't speak to aquafaba being used for mayo, but I have made a honey based foamy candy that was baked. I whipped the aquafaba in a kitchen aid with the whip attachment.

If your dressing is runny you can try mashing some of the chick peas well, to give it more body. I made an orange dressing with orange concentrate, garlic and onion powder, ac vinegar, and well mashed white beans to give it body. Mr bliss loves that dressing. We can't really taste the beans, it's more for texture. I keep a couple cups of white beans in the freezer for when I need a few tablespoons to thicken sauces and dressings.

I saw a recipe for the Santiago tart which is really a thinn almond cake w/powdered sugar on top served with a fortified sweetened wine poured over top. It was a vegan recipe and to replace the eggs to bind it aquafaba was called for. I'm sure it will work.

i'm looking for low or fat free dressings for salads or baked vegetables

when i say chickpeas cream i mean cooked chickpeas water beaten

edit..
i've found this
Yes, chickpea cream may be used to produce a lovely and creamy salad dressing! My friend Chetta Apipatana is an amazing chef, and he has made some amazing dressings with chickpea cream. For a delicious, creamy salad dressing, combine chickpea cream with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and your preferred herbs and spices. It's a tasty and nutritious substitute for regular dressings. Do try it out!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom