Daylight savings time (U.S.) March 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
Quite a change from the usual changing of the clocks in April. So we lose one hour, but we gain extra daylight hours :) and the clocks change back later this time as well (November).

Daylight Time

Great Bluecat, I didnt realize our clocks both change at the same time :) Thanks for the link.

To make it easier, do what Buck and I do. We change our clocks early in the day (just after breakfast) in the areas of our house that don't matter about what time it is.

For example, our bedroom, on the stove, microwave, VCR, etc. All the things we have no concern with during the day of the change. Actually, I do change the time on all the other clocks. I just don't pay too much attention to the time of day at that time.

By the time we go to bed, we don't see any difference in the change. As a result, we don't get any "daylight saving time" jet lag.

Been doing this for years and have sailed into the new time change with no adverse effects.

All my clocks at home are atomic and will change by themselves overnight thank goodness. I have ten or twelve wris****ches that I'm going to have to change by hand and the G-Shocks are a real pain. Luckily I've kept the manuals or I'd really be in trouble.:cool:

jpmcgrew said:
:) Clocks are easy but apparantly its our computers that are not going to get it possibly causing problems.

You can download an update to reset the DST dates so your computer will change itself. Otherwise, you can set the time manually. It's a snap.

Clocks used to change on a Saturday night in the AM hours, so I would change my clock ahead on Sunday when I wake up, but this time we change on a Sunday, which sort of messes up sleep for a Monday morning.

I know what you mean cora about the Halloween time change, so this year should be alot better for the little ones and parents.

jkath, I wonder why Arizona never observes the time change actually. I suppose it's because it's always hot there and less day light is welcomed due to the heat levels there.

spiritboxer, I change our clocks by hand mostly, except of course for the computer which sets itself.

Your welcome Sushi!

Jpmc, I think as long as your computer has all the updates, your clock should change on March 11 without problems.

Not sure about Indiana Katie.

The oddest state in the union, as far as I'm concerned, is Indiana. In Hawaii and Arizona, they simply don't recognise daylight savings time. OK, I can deal with that. In Indiana, I literally had to ask every place I stopped, "What time is it?" Then whoever I asked treated me like I was an idiot because I didn't know what the local tradition was!

I know I'm in the minority, but I HATE daylight saving time coming early. I always look forward to the fall when we go back. For the life of me I cannot see the benefit. I guess it saves energy, but other than that yuk.

jpmcgrew said:
:) Clocks are easy but apparantly its our computers that are not going to get it possibly causing problems.

That was my only concern, as well. Last night Katie Couric, on the CBS Evening News, mentioned something about a computer meltdown (but didn't catch the whole story).

I just fiddled around & clicked on my puter clock. There's a synchronize (upgrade?) option. Don't know if I chose the correct one. Curious to see if it will work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom