Dinner is Served 4-6-22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pasta Night !

Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Garlic Bread, Salad .........

Spaghetti with Meat sauce 4-6-22.jpg

Cleaning house sure puts a crimp on dinner prep and cook time. However, ANY meal that includes bacon is gourmet, right? :yum: We split a can of Progresso soup in the spirit of cleaning up food inventory, then we had BLT sandwiches - Himself's on Vienna white bread, mine on LaBrea whole wheat.

Beef, bean, and cheese enchiladas and Mexican rice.

enchiladas_rice_040622_img_9431-jpg.49176

I was hungry for some Indian food, and I baked those breadsticks to have with it, what ever I decided. I got some vegetables out of the freezer, plus that frozen dhansak masala, that I froze back in September (something I don't use as much as others). I cooked the curry in the Instant Pot, with 1/2c each of chana dal, masoor dal, and whole oats, and while that cooked I made a quick and easy coconut chutney, with some rehydrated unsweetened coconut, 3 green chilis, 1/2 tb grated ginger, and a little salt, ground up together. Then a tarka is made, and poured on the top.
The coconut, green chilis, ginger, and salt, ground up for the chutney. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

The chutney, topped with the tarka. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

When the dal was finished, I added the drained beans, and bottle gourd, about 12 oz each, and cooked a few minutes. Amazing how crunchy those vegetables were after freezing since the summer.
Dhansak curry, with a coconut chutney, and breadstick. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
I followed a recipe for a Cuban pork roast the other night. I was too tired to make sides, so I didn't serve it for supper. But, the main point of making it was to make some cubano sandwiches. We had those tonight. They were good. I will try a different kind of bread another time. This one didn't squish very well. If I have pix on the camera (didn't use the phone camera today), I will post them later. I also found a recipe for some "Cuban cole slaw", which I made and served with the sandwiches. We are both stuffed.

Back
Top Bottom