Dinner plans for Tuesday, February 19th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Must be italian night!

I'm making Bison lasagna, green salad, tomato/mozz/basil salad, roasted garlic bread, & I made white chocolate chip macadamia cookies for the kids.

I'm a little late posting, but we had a spicy dry rubbed pork tenderloin, along with a veggie rice, twas yummy!

We ended up having pizza because my favorite son came to take me to the dentist tomorrow.

(I tell every one of them they are my favorite, but this is a secret - shhhhhhh.)

I ended up making veggie soup. DH likes V8, but I bought the low-sodium version and he decided that he hated it. SO.....I browned some onions and garlic, threw in the V8, a bag of mixed vegetables, some whole wheat elbows and seasonings - - - VOILA! ...a yummy veggie soup. I also made grilled american/mozzarella cheese sandwiches on the bread I made yesterday. .....hmmmmm maybe I should go back for seconds.:LOL:

Yummmmmm!:)

I do not normally include Brie in my "Alfredo" but I had 1/2 a wheel left and the expiration date was fast approaching. It was good, although I would not buy the Brie just for this purpose.

I do not normally include Brie in my "Alfredo" but I had 1/2 a wheel left and the expiration date was fast approaching. It was good, although I would not buy the Brie just for this purpose.

With my catering I often have pieces of different cheeses that I don't normally buy left over and I love to experiment with them either for our meals or for another job. This is something I haven't thought of, but might try next time I have to make my cranberry brie wontons (which were another very successful "leftover" experiment) or something like that.

Click on this Flat Leaf Parsley Salad (thanks Tami)

Good robust spaghetti sauce on fettucine last night.. Lots-O-Veggies in this version.

I didn't take pics of the spaghetti, but I did take some of Tami's (runningwithtweezers blog) Flat Leaf Parsley Salad recipe.

The salad turned out very good
The changes--- I used some basil, I shaved the Parmigiano Reggiano rather then grating it, and I used Walnut oil and not olive oil.

parsleysald55.jpg

Last edited:
With my catering I often have pieces of different cheeses that I don't normally buy left over and I love to experiment with them either for our meals or for another job. This is something I haven't thought of, but might try next time I have to make my cranberry brie wontons (which were another very successful "leftover" experiment) or something like that.

I never make a true Alfredo (hence the double quotes in my original post). My sauce is just white wine, Parmesan and whatever cheese I find in the refrigerator. I have some Gruyere now that may make it into the pot next time.

I ended up getting hungry around 9, so fixed a thick grilled cheese sandwich and can of Cambell's Select clam chowder. I had forgotten what it's like to be eating in only five minutes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom