Do You Wash Your Clothes With Hot/Warm Or Cold Water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...I have good friends who have separate bedrooms, have for years. They are extremely close, they just can't sleep in the same room. She has sleep apnea, he is a very, very light sleeper....

I didn't know we've been friends for years.;) My SIL is appalled, appalled!:ohmy: that her brother and I sleep in separate bedrooms. We were married about 25 years when Himself had back issues - a ruptured disc. He slept wherever it was comfortable for him until he had surgery; I played musical beds since he slept best alone during that time. He healed, back to one bed. Then he broke collarbone #1 (after #2 I made him give up his bike keys) and I moved down the hall again. By the time he broke the other collarbone I realized that I wasn't getting leg cramps at night if I wasn't on our king mattress. As a plus, I was sleeping through the night since I couldn't hear him snore. All other aspects of our lives are now better since we each sleep better. Besides, once one of us falls asleep there isn't much else to do but go to sleep.:LOL:

Oh, and getting back on topic, I wash our sheets in warm water and dry with little sachet bags filled with dried lavender flowers.

The new washing machine is very good!

We now do a soak in our washing cycle and we also rinse 4 times.....

Although, we are still having trouble with the towels, they are still coming out, drying a bit stiff and roughed up...when we had our top loader, the towels would come out so soft and fluffy

Wool wash helps with towels. So does setting the spin speed a bit lower, and drying longwise on the line.

My mom and I wash everything in cool water except for sheets. Our sheets get washed in warm water. We have one of the new machines that use less water and you have to use the special HD detergent. It works really good. We dry everything in the dryer. For undies, socks, and my moms uniforms they are dried on the perma-press cycle for no more than 30 minutes to keep her uniform tops from wrinkling. Lighter-weight wearing clothes are dried for about 35 minutes on the perma press cycle. Jeans and sweatpants are dried for 45 minutes. Towels get dried on a auto dry cycle, no timer used. Sheets are done on the same as lighter-weight wearing clothes.

We did try the e-Cigs...makes Shrek cough horribly, I didn't care for them, either.

I quit with Chantix, no problem. Shrek on the other hand turns into a complete...ummm...he gets really mean with the Chantix. So now he is using Zyban and is cutting way back on his cigarettes. I don't go buy them for him and I ask that he only smokes in his office when I am home.

Thanks for the ideas...but just like all smokers, we've tried everything. Shrek is a work in progress.

Chantix is not for everyone. I started to have some strange dreams. I thought they were so funny. Like taking my baby down to Aus. and giving it to a kangeroo to baby sit. The roo could carry the baby in her pouch. And it could nurse in there. There were days when I would only smoke four or five cigs a day. I could have easily quit on any one of those days. But the truth was I didn't really want to. Now I do, but because of the studies finding heart problems, the doctor won't put me back on. :angel:

Funny, my cardiologist is the one who has put me on Chantix. She said she'd write the prescription for the rest of my life if that's what it took for me to stop smoking. I will always be a smoker, I just have lots of time in between my last one and the next.

Funny, my cardiologist is the one who has put me on Chantix. She said she'd write the prescription for the rest of my life if that's what it took for me to stop smoking. I will always be a smoker, I just have lots of time in between my last one and the next.

My PCP said that there were reports coming out of England showing that it was causing some heart problems. I can't help wonder if he is reluctant to put me back on because of the cost. I take my meds for granted because I don't have to pay for any of them. Not even a copay. :angel:

Last edited:
I will always be a smoker, I just have lots of time in between my last one and the next.

I'm with you!

I have not smoked in five or six years and I miss it!

I feel the same about some of the foods I have given up to lose weight!

I guess I will always have a fat smoker trapped inside of me! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm with you!

I have not smoked in five or six years and I miss it!

I feel the same about some of the foods I have given up to lose weight!

I guess I will always have a fat smoker trapped inside of me! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I think I am always sick now...but it's just the anxiety of no cigarettes...

Having to deal with so much, I get so tired of hearing "no, you can't have that" makes it even harder to stick to no smoking and my diet.

We ended up returning the front loader a couple of months ago and now have a Fisher and Paykel 10kg top loader...it is fantastic!

All the clothes are soft and fluffy...especially the towels, I love the cycles, the time it takes (much less that the front loader) and it is quieter, I truly love it :)

My husband and I quit cold turkey in 1993 and have never had a smoke since. We are competitive, and neither one wants to be the one who gives in and has one. First, you don't keep cigarettes around "in case you just have to have one." Then, each time to find yourself desiring a cigarette, you just say NO! and find something to get your mind off it. Not having other smokers around you helps, too.

I used to work in a pharmacy. If you try Chantix once, you have to wait a while before insurance will let you have it again. Some people got it over and over again. Apparently, it was just not doing it for them. Now that we're retired, there is no way we could afford those cigarettes, now. When we quit, they were just going over $20 a carton and we were smoking 1 1/2 cartons per week. What are they now? Over $50?

Aunt Bea, there are times when I want to just grab a cigarette out of someone's hand. And if I'm near a smoker, I will inhale their smoke, just for the sensation. LOL

We ended up returning the front loader a couple of months ago and now have a Fisher and Paykel 10kg top loader...it is fantastic!

All the clothes are soft and fluffy...especially the towels, I love the cycles, the time it takes (much less that the front loader) and it is quieter, I truly love it :)

Our washer and dryer are old and make lots of noise, but as long as I can wash and dry my clothes, I'm keeping them.

My DIL wanted a front loader to save on water, but she got rid of it because she said it did not clean very well. I don't know why that would be. Other than her pre-schooler, how dirty could their clothes be? Ours don't get dirty, just need freshened up.

My husband and I quit cold turkey in 1993 and have never had a smoke since. We are competitive, and neither one wants to be the one who gives in and has one. First, you don't keep cigarettes around "in case you just have to have one." Then, each time to find yourself desiring a cigarette, you just say NO! and find something to get your mind off it. Not having other smokers around you helps, too.

I used to work in a pharmacy. If you try Chantix once, you have to wait a while before insurance will let you have it again. Some people got it over and over again. Apparently, it was just not doing it for them. Now that we're retired, there is no way we could afford those cigarettes, now. When we quit, they were just going over $20 a carton and we were smoking 1 1/2 cartons per week. What are they now? Over $50?

Aunt Bea, there are times when I want to just grab a cigarette out of someone's hand. And if I'm near a smoker, I will inhale their smoke, just for the sensation. LOL

New studies have shown that heart patients are not good candidates for Chantix. The ones who need it the most. You have to be really willing to want to quit. Something I wasn't. Now my doctor will no longer prescribe it for me. You would be surprised at how many actually quit after the second week. But you do have to stay the course for the whole program.

I have been smoking since I was ten y.o. At 74 and with all the health problems I have, it is the last pleasure I have left. I don't drink and gave up long, long ago on men. My job is done. My kids are all grown and some of the grandchildren with families of their own. None are in jail. And they are all gainfully employed. Now is my time. And I choose to close it out smoking. :angel:

Addie, my SIL wanted her 80 year old mother to quit. Her doctor said, "Leave her alone. Let her enjoy what's left of her life." And she did, may she rest in peace.

Addie, my SIL wanted her 80 year old mother to quit. Her doctor said, "Leave her alone. Let her enjoy what's left of her life." And she did, may she rest in peace.

With the Internet, there is so much information regarding ones health. So if you choose to indulge in questionable behavior, good luck. I am a firm believer in letting folks live their life to their own choosing as long as it is not harmful to others. Yes, I know about secondhand smoke. Save the lecture. I smoke outside and in my home. I don't blow smoke in anyone's face. I don't break any No Smoking postings. So just leave me alone and let me die by my own actions. That is all I ask. Once I told my cardiologist that I was not interested in quitting smoking, he never asked me again. Even my kids don't expect me to quit. :angel:

Then there's me, I quit smoking and promptly had a heart attack...the Chantix worked...

Are you saying the Chantix worked in helping your to quit smoking or in giving you a heart attack? The second reason is why my doctor won't allow me to take them again. :angel:

Are you saying the Chantix worked in helping your to quit smoking or in giving you a heart attack? The second reason is why my doctor won't allow me to take them again. :angel:

My heart attack was caused by a 99% occluded artery on my heart...I'd had my last cigarette the day before, I just happened to be taking Chantix, it kept me from wanting to smoke while recovering from my HA.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom