Does anyone like Vintage equipment & appliances?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Morning Miss LyndaLou.....Yes the stove has a well in it...Left rear corner...The Stove was bought for my grandmother...1953 who used it all her life...then it belonged to my mother who used it for many years...I inherited it when my mother passed away in 2005. I had to sell the house,(my grandmother's/mother's) and chose to sell the stove to the new owners....Both were very hard decisions...The new owners love it!! So in a way a part of my mother & grandmother is still in the house....I would love to have a biscuit that my Grandmother cooked in that oven.....

Not that I recall Bill......The stove was bought very soon by after my mother remarried in 1952....The new groom wanted to impress his new MIL...So 1953 is the year I think it was purchased...I wouldn't think any later than 1954

The movers have had my range in their storage for about a month, but did not tell me it arrived.

I had them uncrate it, and saw it for the very first time yesterday!

It is absolutely gorgeous! I can not say enough about the renovation job they did on this range before they sold it to me!

It looks like a brand new appliance and just gleams at me. The original price tag from the vintage appliance shop was on it.

I paid 1/2 of the original asking price! I could not be more pleased.

If anyone would like to know about the renovator, I would be more than happy to recommend him.

The movers have had my range in their storage for about a month, but did not tell me it arrived.

I had them uncrate it, and saw it for the very first time yesterday!

It is absolutely gorgeous! I can not say enough about the renovation job they did on this range before they sold it to me!

It looks like a brand new appliance and just gleams at me. The original price tag from the vintage appliance shop was on it.

I paid 1/2 of the original asking price! I could not be more pleased.

If anyone would like to know about the renovator, I would be more than happy to recommend him.

img_626106_0_e6ae55f8eb9d2c05485bd04c6496aef8.jpg

Wow! I'm impressed, Jeekinz! (He's the one I thought was hot!) But to stay on topic, he's right. The pictures make this thread awesome. When I get home, I'm going to take pics of the old appliances I have, although they are nothing as cool as the ones already pictured here.

Wow! I'm impressed, Jeekinz! (He's the one I thought was hot!) But to stay on topic, he's right. The pictures make this thread awesome. When I get home, I'm going to take pics of the old appliances I have, although they are nothing as cool as the ones already pictured here.

I am still waiting your photos Fisher's Mom!

I am pleased to say I finally paid off the mixer I bought for the church to use!:angel:

Presenting my new/vintage Hobart C-100 10qt mixer!

img_738869_0_5a63de6c3fdd885d722d0981d4abffc1.jpg

That range and sink are to die for (as is everything else but those caught my attention!) Can't wait to see your finished kitchen.

Thank you Elf!

I can't wait to see it either! But right now I am just accumulating the pieces. Then I will have to save to have them installed.

My friend is remodeling her kitchen and is getting rid of her appliances. Her stove looks identical to the Hobart in the picture, I'm sure it must be a Hobart. Her house is an original Sears kit home. If anyone is interested, I can get a picture and post it here, and I'll ask her what she's asking for selling it.
I love vintage things also. I have several pieces but most all of them are still in WA in storage. My ex-sis-in-law passed me her old Sunbeam mixer, with all the attachments, haven't even got to use the thing yet but I'm looking forward to it someday. :) I have old bowls and lots of paraphenalia stuff - just waiting for me to have my own kitchen. I don't dare go to any yard sales or thrift stores or anything, I have almost NO willpower and would just feel guilty afterwards (as I was lovingly caressing my new item) haha. So...I wait.

Back
Top Bottom