Drive-in movies...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not since highschool... but loved them. There's one about an hour from home. We should plan a trip!

Got a drive in theater in Churchville, MD (south of BelAir on route 22) and one in Hyde Park, NY across from the Roosevelt estate on route 9.

Haha how funny. we have one about 10 minutes away The Auto-Rama Twin right in North Ridgevilleand just last night (honest I swear)... I took Billy to see Wall-E (or however you spell it) and The Incredible Hulk.

Ya mean I had a good idea?? Whoo hoo!! LOL.

I got the idea while visiting a friend in Iowa during their town festival days. They had actually painted the side of one of the two story buildings white, and played a movie on there using a projector from a projector screen TV (whatever they call em, you know which ones I mean) and some large speakers. It was Bridge to Terabitha, and the kids really enjoyed it. We made sure to take enough chairs, blankets, a cooler filled with water and pop, some snacks, and of course bug spray!

I think more towns could do just this sort of thing using the same type of projectors and it would be not only fun for the kids in the town but also cheaper to do!

I know Cicero has something similar with an outdoor 'theater' set up that is indoors but everyone brings their camping chairs and blankets and pretends it is outdoors. Just not the same I think, but nice try.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom