Eight Babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
This was a shock to me to find out that someone had eight babies. What was your reaction? I feel sorry for this grandma as it seems her daughter was not really counseled about this. Her plans are to continue her education and get a job counseling. How would you feel if you knew your child was having eight babies?

Thanks for your comments.

I can't really blame her for keeping all eight fetuses. If she hadn't she would have had to abort some and I could never condemn someone for not aborting them, risky as it is. But I do think she was very irresponsible getting pregnant when she already had 6 kids, no job, unpaid loans, no father to help with the kids or support them all, and was receiving government assistance. It was really very selfish. She claims she loves children and just wanted to have another child and give it a home where it would be loved. But she loved her own desire for children more than the children themselves. The situation brings up a lot of sticky and interesting questions. Ones that can stir quite a bit of controversy. I hope they can be discussed without too much anger and hard feelings.

I read the story on that here on the pc a few days ago and i really don't know what to think because who am i to pass judgment. But it's good to know that she had the babies rather aborting them.

I disagree and feel that one of her myriad irresponsible acts was to decide against selective reduction. But then no responsible fertility doctor would have even let it get to that point, knowing her and her situation.

People

This is hardly anything to compare to a human life but I do think this is some kind of abuse. Having things out of balance causes chaos. I don't think appropriate attention can be given when there are so many without a father.
If this happened to me, IF it did happen to me, I would truly consider adoption. Wouldn't this be a beautiful gift?

I post this topic to give me insight to this lady. My family just turns me off when I question them about it. I must admit they do pass judgement but we all have to learn how accept the fact that we all aren't the same.

Everyone is questioning the act of this doctor. Someone must know who he is!

Someone must know who he is!

It's been in the news for some time now. He is Dr. Michael Kamrava. Octomom underwent in-vitro fertilization at his clinic for ALL of her 14 children.

This was a shock to me to find out that someone had eight babies. What was your reaction? I feel sorry for this grandma as it seems her daughter was not really counseled about this. Her plans are to continue her education and get a job counseling. How would you feel if you knew your child was having eight babies?

Thanks for your comments.

Either the fertility doctor or the embryologist at the fertility clinic was extremely unethical in agreeing to transfer all the embryos. It was extremely risky, not just to her, but to the children. Humans are not designed to carry eight babies, which is why all of them were so premature - the largest was 3 lbs., 4 oz.

If you've seen any of the interviews with this woman, she's very blase about the risks, as if she were the only one facing them. And since she already has six children, she has no business whatsoever having more, particularly since she has no way to support them. She wants to support them with student loans while she goes back to school? Who will take care of them while she's at school and studying? How much will that cost?

I think she has some sort of mental problem. If nothing else, she's in serious denial about what she's facing. She'll be lucky to be able to keep them all.

Either the fertility doctor or the embryologist at the fertility clinic was extremely unethical in agreeing to transfer all the embryos. It was extremely risky, not just to her, but to the children. Humans are not designed to carry eight babies, which is why all of them were so premature - the largest was 3 lbs., 4 oz.

If you've seen any of the interviews with this woman, she's very blase about the risks, as if she were the only one facing them. And since she already has six children, she has no business whatsoever having more, particularly since she has no way to support them. She wants to support them with student loans while she goes back to school? Who will take care of them while she's at school and studying? How much will that cost?

I think she has some sort of mental problem. If nothing else, she's in serious denial about what she's facing. She'll be lucky to be able to keep them all.
I also think that someone who wanted to have all these babies must have some kind of problem, not good! If it is attention she was wanting she sure is getting it but mostly negative. How can someone keep up with all of them? This doctor should have some kind of charge that he did this. I love dogs, all dogs but having more than t he ones I have would be bad. My niece has 16 foster dogs that are old ones that no one wants. She just paid out 1500 for some kind of eye problem that the rescue group would not reimburse. I personally question her actions also but her only daughter ran off and she doesn't know where she is. I think t hese dogs are distraction from the only daughter who ran off. Talk about overload! As I said, dogs are easier to handle than eight babies.

Oh, thanks for your input. Gives me something to consider. I would really think about making someone else happy from my mistake.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom