Fastest Sherbet Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Hi everyone. This is more of a technique than a recipe. to make the fastest, smoothest fruit sherbert ever, you just nee a good blender, some milk, sweetener, and frozen fruit.

I keep my milk just above the freezing mark. That helps. I freeze bannanas, peaches, orange sections, apricots, strawberries, blueberries, etc. Add 1/4 cup of your favorite fruit, plus 1/2 of a frozen bannana to the blender. Add 3 tbs. sweetener (I use Stevia or Splenda), and 1/2 cup of cold milk. Turn the blender on its highest speed and let it go until the ingredients are silky smooth (about 30 seconds). The result will be a very soft sherbert. Pour/spoon into a suitable container and place into the freezer for a half hour, or eat fresh from the blender.

Of course, you can modify the flavors by adding various extracts, and flavorings if you choose. In any case, it's pretty tasty, and has a great texture. It's like a half-frozen smoothie.

For sorbet, use juice or water in place of the milk. Adjust the liquid to make your sherbert/sorbet as thick or thin as you like.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited by a moderator:
Yum !! Thanks for that cool technique .. it will come in handy for sure !

I have a question. When I was growing up, sherbert (usually orange or raspberry) was NOT made with milk. And yet these days I can not find one that isn't made with milk. Was I only dreaming that it didn't contain any milk or has the formula changed?

I have a question. When I was growing up, sherbert (usually orange or raspberry) was NOT made with milk. And yet these days I can not find one that isn't made with milk. Was I only dreaming that it didn't contain any milk or has the formula changed?

I don't remember it having milk in either. You're right, it is hard to find sherbet without milk :(

I always though sherbet had milk on it, or some kind of dairy. I looked it up. Sorbet has no dairy. Sherbet has a bit of milkfat, whether by cream or milk, I don't know. Any way you look at it, I like it.:yum:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Lognwind of the North

I always though sherbet had milk on it, or some kind of dairy. I looked it up. Sorbet has no dairy. Sherbet has a bit of milkfat, whether by cream or milk, I don't know. Any way you look at it, I like it.:yum:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Lognwind of the North

Thank you for clearing that up for me Chief :) I thought sherbet and sorbet were the same thing! We just call it sorbet in SA and sherbet is a tangy sweet powder that kids eat :LOL:
Love your recipe by the way, made it for my kids today and they loved it!
And so did mommy :angel:

Thank you for clearing that up for me Chief :) I thought sherbet and sorbet were the same thing! We just call it sorbet in SA and sherbet is a tangy sweet powder that kids eat :LOL:
Love your recipe by the way, made it for my kids today and they loved it!
And so did mommy :angel:

Evidently, the name sherbet, means different things, depending on where you live. We used to have an effervescent product made from these little tablets called Fizzies. They were a Kool-Aid type drink, but with ingredients that mildly carbonated the water. The sweet, tangy powder, we call a Pixie-Stick (Brand name). In the British Isles, from what I could gather, these products are both called sherbet. As South Africa has had a strong history with Great Briton, I could see why it would be the same there. In any case, I like the blender sherbet. It's so quick and easy. It can give you brain freeze if drank to fast.:ohmy:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
We used to have an effervescent product made from these little tablets called Fizzies.

Oh Chief, I just loved Fizzies! A fantastic memory of growing up as a child in Michigan! I wonder what ever happened to them. :ermm:

My blender makes treats like you are describing quite often. :yum:

Evidently, the name sherbet, means different things, depending on where you live. We used to have an effervescent product made from these little tablets called Fizzies. They were a Kool-Aid type drink, but with ingredients that mildly carbonated the water. The sweet, tangy powder, we call a Pixie-Stick (Brand name). In the British Isles, from what I could gather, these products are both called sherbet. As South Africa has had a strong history with Great Briton, I could see why it would be the same there. In any case, I like the blender sherbet. It's so quick and easy. It can give you brain freeze if drank to fast.:ohmy:

Our sherbet powder is fizzy, same as the British kind.
Your sherbet was very good :yum: We would call it a frozen smoothie in SA.
Strange how one thing can have so many names in different countries!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom