Friday, April 21, 2023, what are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Clam and homemade garlic sausage chowder. Started out with salt pork per Legal Seafood's recipe.
20230421_181421.jpg

It's Aloha Friday here in Cowboyville.
The Hawaiian Food Truck was out and was offering a special on Lau Lau Plate!!! 🥰
IMG_2868.JPG

Hmmm, a bit disappointing.
The Rice is WAY over cooked, mushy and glutinous :sick:
The Mac Salad was terrible.
The Lomi Lomi Salmon was just passable.
Let's fix this up some, shall we?

IMG_2869.JPG

I made a fresh pot of steamed White Rice, the right way - pan fried some of my homemade Kalua Pork and DH & I split the Lau Lau.
That's better.
But still, I make a way better lomi!
That was only the second time that the food truck has brought in Lau Lau fresh from Hawaii. They have a relative back home overnight them the fresh stuff and sell it at a huge profit!
Last time I buy from them - sorry Uncle.

I made some chicken soup for supper It was a bit of an experiment. I bought some vegan chicken broth powder from Lufa Farms (the place I get my produce basket from). It has lots of flavour, but not quite chicken. We compared some broth made with that and some made with Better Than Bouillon chicken base. The BTB had actual chicken flavour and aroma. So, I made the broth for the soup with a combo of the vegan powder and the BTB. The soup was delicious. I also heated some Pork and coriander dumplings that I bought from Lufa. We knew they would be good because, we have had them before. I also made some Nuok cham me (Vietnamese, spicy, tamarind, dipping sauce) and a ginger-soy, dipping sauce. I took pix of the soup, but by the time I got the dumplings on the table, I didn't feel like taking more pix. An enjoyable meal.

Attachments

• Homemade chicken soup.jpg
    Homemade chicken soup.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 2
I spent most of today getting my old hooptie ready to trade. 🛻🚗🚙

Still much to consider before making a final decision but I’m making progress.

I hate change!!!

So dinner was a simple mixed cold cut sandwich on rye with several glasses of ice cold tea to wash it down.

A few dark chocolate chips and mixed nuts for afters. Sort of a chocolate chip cookie minus the cookie. 🤭

We're going out! Club dinner meeting tonight. Since there was no bragging about the meal, I'm guessing it will be boxes with sandwiches, etc. Not fancy but they are always good. Best part is visiting with friends, of course.
NOTE TO SELF: Do not sit near the hot, single guy at a Women's Club meeting. Couldn't hear half of the speakers since all the single women and half the married ones had to come by to meet the "new guy"!

Back
Top Bottom