Grilled Chicken Wings with 4 hot sauces (with photos)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RomanS

Assistant Cook
Well for my second post, right after the introduction I would like to share some great grilled chicken wings I made on Friday.

I love grilling, and use the grill quite often.

So I picked up regular wings (drumlets and wings) mixed together, and a couple of marinades.

Here are the ingridients.

IMG_0738.jpg

Chicken wings
1 large onion
3-4 gloves of garlic

Teriyaki marinade
Tequilla and Lime marinade

Hot sauces -
Buffalo Jalapeno Mexican Hot Sauce
FRANK's Red Hot Chille Lime
SCHLOTZSKY's hot sauce
Tapatio Mexiacan sauce (very good)

Butter
Lemon juice
Lemon and Herb spices
Salt and Pepper

Red wine (that you like to drink, I preffer Lambrusco very smooth)

The thing I like about 4 different hot sauces is that they taste different. Each sauce has its own texture. One is sweet, the other one is tangy, and another is very hot. You guys can use any sauces you want. Use your favorites.

IMG_0744.jpg

Slice your onion into rings, and chop up 3-4 gloves of garlic. Combine all this together with chicken wings (dont forget the basics about handling chicken meat) and add the 2 marinades. One is sweet, and the other one is tangy.

Toss them reall good with your utencils so that the marinade gets all over them.

If any of you good people are familiar with spices, this is one of my favorite miracles I add to chicken, and veggies. Sprinkle some of Lemon&Herb on your chicken wings. Don't mistaken it with Lemon & Pepper. Its the Lemon & Herbs you want, the aroma and flavor of oregano and basil, give the citric lemon blend an amazing taste.

IMG_0767.jpg

Leave your wings marinating for 30-40 minutes.

When they are good and marinated, dry them off very well with a paper towel.

If you have a simple grilling fish cage, this is the best tool for cooking wings, shrimp, and other small veggies.
I usually heat up the grill to about 400-500 degrees, and after a good clean, put the wings on.

Every other 3-4 minutes I flip them, and move them to a different area of the grill to keep them going.
After 15 minutes +/- they should start getting their good proud grill color.

IMG_0802.jpg

This is when I grab that good red wine, and started sprinkling it on my wings. The wine gives it a good carmilazation, and not only that helps the color, it tastes very good.

IMG_0804.jpg

So put your heat on low, leave them baking there and glazing with wine. Take out some butter, and a good ammount of lemon juice. I use the actual lemon juice in a little bottle, but if you have good fresh lemons, mmmmmmmmmmmm...
Heat up a skillet, and add 2 tablespoons of butter. WHen it melts add 2-3 table spoons of lemon juice. Add a little bit of red wine too, get it all bubling, and than add tea spoon of each hot sauce. If using one kind of hot sauce, just add 4-5 spoons.

IMG_0814.jpg

Add the lip licking sauce on your wings, and if you have some good honey(just a little bit)

IMG_0818.jpg

I like serving those hot sour wings with some greek fries. Greek fries are delicious, and easy to make.

IMG_0823.jpg

Enjoy, and more to come soon.

FIRST, let me say that the picture with you drizzling the wine from your fingers is amazing!!!! Talk about PERFECT timing!

Secondly - WOW - these look amazing and photos ALWAYS help! The Greek fries also look wonderful!

Thanks.

roman, great pics!!!

i did a double take on the dripping wine picture having seen too much monty python in my lifetime.

and i would kill for some of those greek fries. yummmmm.

Back
Top Bottom