Heads Up - Conflicker worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There have been more than a few viruses that are timed to be released on particular dates. I'm sure the creator of this one thought April Fools was a good date and it's not the first virus released on that date.

And as I said, it wouldn't be the first one to be released on that day as a hoax either. I am not saying it is, and I do agree everyone should be prepared, but I also don't want everyone getting into a huge panic over it. Just make sure you have a good UP TO DATE anti-virus program and if at all possible, DON'T use your computer. Let's just hope it is a hoax.

Not unless you've updated your virus today. You should really consider a better anti-virus. McAfee isn't the best out there.

It updates automatically... the last virus scan update was today, actually. I also checked to make certain that the Windows Security Update MS08-067 was installed on my system last October...

I did read a few comparison reviews of the best anti-virus software and McAfee was fairly equally matched to AVG in Top Ten Reviews (AVG 7th & McA 11th; in Consumer Software Reviews McA was rated 5th and AVG 13th). They both have daily updates regarding known viruses... neither was rated 100% effective.

Last edited:
I've gotten rid of Windows years ago. And OS X and Linux....

The Leap Frog Leap Pad is years ahead of that archaic technology.

:mrgreen:

Or infact I use all three. It's a pain sometimes, but when you don't have to worry about Windows having Virii, Linux not working with whatever piece of hardware, and OS X not communication with either, then it's a good time.

Ed: I think that Microsoft even has utilities on their site or in their updates to check for and remove this problem.

Back
Top Bottom