I lost my brother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Just found out that my youngest brother has died. He went missing Thursday.
He was found this afternoon. Apparent suicide.

I'm just devastated. He was the baby of the family. We, especially me protected him. Not all of the family has been notified yet. My oldest sister who pretty much raised me to be who I am today, called me as soon as she could compose herself long enough to tell me. I didn't take it well.

I couldn't think or remember my husbands work #, I usually get jerked around when and if I do call. Had to call a close friend of ours to help me out and get him home, and now! Boy did he ever. He called another friend of ours, who directly called where my husband works, and got him relieved without any problems. He walked out to 2 people in command clearing his way to get home. Munky needs you home and now. I guess they know when I call I mean it. It's never been for a honey do list. One of his friends ( the first call, He's always been in my book my BFF!) actually came over to the house and kept me company until he got home. My husband called me from his cell phone as soon as he was relieved. Asked if I was ok, Told him no. He asked if I was sick. I told him no. By then I was just in tears again. He thought my mother had passed. I told him Allyn died, but didn't get into details about it. He was already on the freeway. He's already been put out for as long as he needs.

Never thought I'd be making memorial candles for one my own brothers.
If I'm not around for a few days you guys know why. Services haven't been arranged yet. I'll be busy helping my mom through this mess. She's in her 80's now, dealing with dementia. She lives with my older sister who takes care of her.

It's a long drive up for us. An all day trip one way. I'm planning on staying for a few days. He left behind 6 kids I want to make sure that they're ok and taken care of. I won't let them go without. Or be split up. I'll be hell bent to get them through this. They no longer have a Dad. That bothers me.

It's been one strange week for me. I've been kinda cranky since Wednesday. Waking up feeling like doom and gloom is looming. Maybe I subconsciously knew.
Played detective for my Uncle who was looking for my Mom. Got that mystery solved in an hour. And now all this? Ok my plates full and I'm rambling..

I did call him tonight and let him know what happened. I'm sure it will be a comfort to my mom having her brother to talk to. She had nobody but her kids to talk to, when one of my oldest brothers committed suicide in 83. So this is 2 for her and harder for her to deal with. I'll get by eventually. What's done is done. I'm not going to judge him or his actions. Just shush up for a little while. I have yet to judge my oldest brother, except that I miss him just as much today as I did when he passed. Remember his laugh and humor.

Munky.

Oh my God, Munky, that is just horrible. Prayers and hugs for you and your family. It's hard to know what to say. We're here for you, sweetie. This is heartbreaking.

Last edited:
I'm very sorry for your loss of your Brother. There are no words that can heal the pain this has caused you, but I hope with all my heart that you and yours get through this with as little pain as possible.

Char sweetie, I'm so sorry honey. Is there anything I can do for you? I know this is awful for you and I want you to know you and the rest of your family are in my prayers. Know how very much you mean to me and the rest of your DC family. Take care do what you can. you're loved.
cj

Oh Char, I am so sorry. It is very hard news to deal with. I am here if you need to talk and Love You! PM me for my e-mail.

oh munky, how unimaginably horrible what you must be going through. is it at all possible for you and your family to get some professional medical/emotional support? this horrendous burden seems too much, too big for you without outside help. sorry if i'm sounding intrusive. my thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours, dear.

Munky, my heart just aches for you, this is terrible news for you to have to deal with. I hope you can find some strength for your self and your family. My sincere sympathy to you dear.

i'm heartly sorry, munky. my deepest condolences and prayers for strength go out to you and your family. i will keep your brother in my prayers tonight.

You and your family are in my prayers. I can't even imagine what you're going through. I'm glad though, that you have friends and a husband who can be there for you. Please take care of yourself.

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I will pray for your family as you deal with this horrible blow.

Barbara

I am so sorry for your loss. I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Munky. My heart aches for you and for those 6 kids left behind. I'm grateful they have someone like you to make sure they're looked after and cared for. I'm so sorry for your brother's pain too, he must have been in an awful place to make such a choice. I've said a prayer for all of you and will say another later. Big hugs sweet friend.

Oh my goodness, Munky! What a horrible thing to have to bear.

It's so hard to fathom why someone does that when in your mind it's not even a consideration. It's hard enough to lose a sibling, but Oh, I don't know a thing about it, really. Sending you hugs, and strength to get through the initial shock and funeral. please give yourself permission to grieve, and take as much time as you need. There is no set time for its end.

I'm guessing you know alerady in your heart of hearts that he will always be with you, even though you won't be able to touch him -- but at a time like this it's hard to wrap your head around.

I hope you'll come here and vent whenever you need to. We're here to provide you a virtual shoulder. xoxo

Back
Top Bottom