Impulse buy is going to get me in the dog house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
I drove out to Lakewood last week where Lawton Chaney builds BBQ pits and picked up my special ordered Santa Maria insert. Mike posted a lot of shots on the forum of his a couple of weeks ago and I just couldn't resist.

I got the insert home and set it in my pit and it fit like a glove. The only problem is that my wife will kill me if she sees it. I have it hid under a tarp in my shed right now while I wait for the right opportunity to bring it out for its maiden cook.

Chaney suggested that Valentines Day might be a good time . . . only if it was Bloody Valentines Day! Going to have to think this one through carefully. :roll:

Wow Lew that's purty. Like the Southern Ingenuity on the grate moving contraption. Neva woulda thunk of doing it like that:) Congrats. Glad you got yourself a nice Valentine Gift.

Good looken rig lew! I think Chaney's gonna get a few more orders for that one. Good luck with the misses. I know how that goes! Sell her on the fact that there aint another grill in the yard! :P

P.S. Wait till she eats some chicken grilled over a live oak fire!

You need to join the BUUC (Barbecue Underground Upgrade Club) so you can access their secret methods of their organization, including:

- The 'What-Upgade?' upgrade ("No, nothing's changed, we've always had a sear burner, I just never used it before.")
- The 'Safety' upgrade ("Well of course the children's safety comes first - as soon as I found out that the BBQ might explode I fixed it immediately with the new smoker box and rotisserie.")

:)

Redflea said:
You need to join the BUUC (Barbecue Underground Upgrade Club) so you can access their secret methods of their organization, including:

- The 'What-Upgade?' upgrade ("No, nothing's changed, we've always had a sear burner, I just never used it before.")
- The 'Safety' upgrade ("Well of course the children's safety comes first - as soon as I found out that the BBQ might explode I fixed it immediately with the new smoker box and rotisserie.")

:)

Nooooo, my wsm was always 22.5 inches, YES it's always been this shiny. :LOL:
It's not a trash can. It's going to be a smoker. I promise. :LOL:
Nooooo this bag of charcoal is different from the other 7 brands in the garage. This ones for salmon. :LOL:

Unfortunately, I've already used most of those rationales for purchases of wide screen HDTV, surround sound system, spa, pickup truck, exercise equipment and a yard full of grills and accessories. :cry:

I think my plan this time is to through her a big birthday bash with all of her friends that have said they like my barbecue and cook tri-tips for everyone. I'll make sure she's had plenty of margaritas before she steps out back and sees what's going on. I don't think I'll get a dope slap on the head with all her friends there.

Smokey Lew said:
Unfortunately, I've already used most of those rationales for purchases of wide screen HDTV, surround sound system, spa, pickup truck, exercise equipment and a yard full of grills and accessories. :cry:

I think my plan this time is to through her a big birthday bash with all of her friends that have said they like my barbecue and cook tri-tips for everyone. I'll make sure she's had plenty of margaritas before she steps out back and sees what's going on. I don't think I'll get a dope slap on the head with all her friends there.

Do u want to chance getting slapped in front of all her friends :oops: :LOL:

Tell her Chaney gave you this prototype for free but you would have to do at least 10 cooks within the next 7 days and report back on potential modifications.

Tri Tip said:
Tell her Chaney gave you this prototype for free but you would have to do at least 10 cooks within the next 7 days and report back on potential modifications.
Man that would probably work but it's to bold a lie even for me. :LOL: I hate to think what that kind of lie would lead to next. :shock:

Well yall sorta remind a person of an old gent up in Wilbarger County who was fond of saying, "I aint henpecked but I sometimes have hen house ways." Meaning a testosterone laden manly man Alfa Male sorta like Alfgore would give the house mouse the keys to the pickup and tell her to step and fetch the new man toy from the factory. Whut a bunch of light weights which hangs around here. Now that might be why Mr. Buckethead wears his bucket cuz Mama been beating him about the head and shoulders too much. Who knows?

Back
Top Bottom