ISO recipe for heath candy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bevz

Assistant Cook
My mom makes homemade candy at work and they have really good homemade heath candy, she is not allowed to give the recipe to anyone and I was wondering if anybody has a recipe. I never actually had bought heath candy so I don't know how close to that it is, maybe I should just go buy myself some cause I'm sure it wouldn't last long:LOL:;)

Heath bars are toffee covered with chocolate.

You'd be more likely to be successful at your endeavor if you first learned how to make toffee (much more reliable recipes out there by searching "how to make toffee" than by searching "how to make heath bars").

Once you've mastered toffee, coating it in melted milk chocolate is the easy part.

whatever, just trying to help.
of course, I know what heath bars are...

whatever, just trying to help.
of course, I know what heath bars are...

Wasn't directed at you. Was aimed at the OP trying to figure out how to make a "Heath bar" when it's easier for them to find out how to make toffee.

:chef:

Isn't toffee harder than heath, or maybe it has a different texture. Thats what I was thinking but maybe not, I never really liked toffee.

Heath bars are "English toffee" covered with chocolate. I don't know if there is a difference between that and other toffees, but there might be.

:)Barbara

Heath bars are "English toffee" covered with chocolate. I don't know if there is a difference between that and other toffees, but there might be.

:)Barbara

English Toffee - Recipe File - Cooking For Engineers

It's the same stuff, just the sugar is cooked to hard crack stage to get that crisp consistency as opposed to the chewy "caramel" consistency some confectioners use for plain toffee.

Back
Top Bottom