It's Friday night - and evrything's alright - for the 24th of Feb '23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meatball subs with provolone and parm reg.

cake - 1.jpeg

Stirling made tacos. I did some of the sous-chef stuff. It was delicious. We put all the fixings on the table and each assembled our own tacos to our own taste. The fixings were: chiffonaded lettuce, chopped onion, shredded cheddar, green tomatilla sauce, taquera sauce, Tabasco Chipotle Sauce, pickled jalapeños, sour cream, and crème fraiche (I wanted to use it up before it went off.).

Attachments

• All the fixings for taco supper.jpg
    All the fixings for taco supper.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Tacos with seasoned meat, lettuce, chopped onion, taquera sauce, shredded cheddar, and crème f...jpg
    Tacos with seasoned meat, lettuce, chopped onion, taquera sauce, shredded cheddar, and crème f...jpg
    138 KB · Views: 7
  • Tacos with seasoned meat, lettuce, chopped onion, tomatilla salsa, shredded cheddar, and crème...jpg
    Tacos with seasoned meat, lettuce, chopped onion, tomatilla salsa, shredded cheddar, and crème...jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 6
I made an easy sheet pan dinner last night - one I learned from Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals many years ago. Dice onions, bell peppers and potatoes and toss them with olive oil and seasonings. Add sausage to the pan - I used bratwurst - and roast at 500F for about 25 minutes. I made a dipping sauce with mayo and my homemade grainy mustard.
2023-02-25-08-46-13-739.jpg

Is there an Aldi near you? I love their $2 chocolate bars imported from Europe. I use them in the shortbread cookies I make.
I made an Aldi run this morning after I stopped at the post office to mail my income tax payments.

I bought 5/5 packs of the .88 ounce 85% dark chocolate bars! ???

I also grabbed some Aldi pecan shortbread cookies, peanut butter sandwich cookies and pistachios with sea salt. ???

I bought some grownup food too! ?

I noticed that the Parkview Irish Bangers are back. They had Ale & Onion or Original.

...My supply of treats is getting low! ?
HORRORS!
...I bought 5/5 packs of the .88 ounce 85% dark chocolate bars! ???

I also grabbed some Aldi pecan shortbread cookies, peanut butter sandwich cookies and pistachios with sea salt. ???...
That's better. Good to know all is right in your world again. :mrgreen:

When we were in OH, I made sure got to the Amish bulk store that carries "Peter's" chocolate melting wafers. Unlike Mercken's (which are still pretty decent), Peter's doesn't add anything to keep it sturdy. I like to put the discs on my tongue one at a time and let them melt...over over over again. :whistling

HORRORS!

That's better. Good to know all is right in your world again. :mrgreen:

When we were in OH, I made sure got to the Amish bulk store that carries "Peter's" chocolate melting wafers. Unlike Mercken's (which are still pretty decent), Peter's doesn't add anything to keep it sturdy. I like to put the discs on my tongue one at a time and let them melt...over over over again. :whistling
I love the Wilton vanilla white chocolate melting wafers.

Back
Top Bottom