It's June already - who ate today? 6-1-2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
I did!

I had a later-than-usual dinner tonight, and thought for certain I would be one of the last to post on the dinner thread. But I found no dinner thread.

So here it is.

Nothing fancy. I grilled a pork chop and made a side of cheesy cauliflower rice.

img_1513096_0_01e0d9412f03ad7541b4cb20a82ea006.jpg

Last edited:
Jeannie had a late hair appointment so, I finished off yesterdays corn/avocado salad with a slice of TJ's thick brioche bread, toasted..

She had leftovers when she got home...

We finished off the peach cobbler for dessert...

Ross

Our church choirs had a pot luck tonight to celebrate the end of the "season" before we enter summer mode. Had lots of good food! Ate more than I needed to!

I did a roast chicken, pilaf and peas for dinner. I've been buying smaller chickens lately and like the way they cook up better.

Good looking plate Steve!

We had some leftover Picadillo from last night. The leftover plantains we polished off with lunch. Dinner also included grilled veggies from a couple nights ago, and fresh made glorified salads thanks to the SC.

I wish we could find smaller chickens Andy!

Last edited:
Kayelle, someone here recommended I check out Costco for smaller chickens. You have to dig around to find smaller ones but it's worth it for me.

Thanks for the tip Andy. The nearly 6 lb chickens we've been getting are not doing it for me anymore. Now if Costco would just make whole large wings available again I'd be happy!!

Chicken enchiladas with a homemade green sauce of poblanos and tomatillos. Used Mexican crumbling cheese. The poblanos were pretty mild and the dish could have used a little more heat,IMO.

Spinach salad with a hoe made raspberry syrup and Oil and vinegar dressing and my first attempt at making a vegan cheese. It will take a lot of experimenting to make an edible vegan cheese!

Fresh fruits and veggies are in abundance right now. I got some excellent strawberries and cantaloupe. Honeydew isn't quite ripe, yet. Grapes are good.

So, I ate fruit for dinner.

CD

Spinach salad with a hoe made raspberry syrup and Oil and vinegar dressing and my first attempt at making a vegan cheese. It will take a lot of experimenting to make an edible vegan cheese!

Vegan cheese? What is it made of? Why? I'm a curious cat.
Yesterday's meal, salad with egg and blue cheese dressing.

Disappeared most of the leftovers: cheesy cauliflower soup, chili, and pork and sauerkraut. I also picked up some fresh corn while shopping and it was actually good! Amazing, the improvements made to shipping corn lately. Still waiting on the local stuff, though, for pure bliss.

Fresh fruits and veggies are in abundance right now....Grapes are good...
And you can think of them as really, really young wine. ;) Hope you're feeling more human now that you're home.

Vegan cheese? What is it made of? Why? I'm a curious cat.
Yesterday's meal, salad with egg and blue cheese dressing.

We have been following a vegan diet since May 5. For the most part, vegan cheeses are based on cashews or non-dairy yogurt, according to the cook book I am using, "Artisan Vegan Cheese". I've made two so far, meltable Monterrey Jack and a sharp cheddar. No chance of mistaking these for the dairy equivalent. The next cheese I intend to make is a meltable mozzarella which uses yogurt, oil, salt, tapioca flour, carrageenan powder and xanthan gum. If that works I will make pizza!!!!! I am currently excited about trying a vegan vanilla ice cream based on either almond or cashew milk.

We have been following a vegan diet since May 5. For the most part, vegan cheeses are based on cashews or non-dairy yogurt, according to the cook book I am using, "Artisan Vegan Cheese". I've made two so far, meltable Monterrey Jack and a sharp cheddar. No chance of mistaking these for the dairy equivalent. The next cheese I intend to make is a meltable mozzarella which uses yogurt, oil, salt, tapioca flour, carrageenan powder and xanthan gum. If that works I will make pizza!!!!! I am currently excited about trying a vegan vanilla ice cream based on either almond or cashew milk.

You go girl! I want to hear more. That has to be pretty healthy. I'm kind of a meat-a-tarian and cheese-a-tarian, so I'm guessing I'm not eating as healthy as I could.

You go girl! I want to hear more. That has to be pretty healthy. I'm kind of a meat-a-tarian and cheese-a-tarian, so I'm guessing I'm not eating as healthy as I could.
Ir can be very difficult to get enough essential nutrients on a vegan diet. It requires a good knowledge of nutritional needs and careful planning. People are naturally omnivores, although some are genetically prone to high cholesterol and heart disease.

This is a completely different style of eating for us! I do have a strong background in raising vegetables, but also in raising meat too. DH used to have a fried egg and sausage patty every weekday breakfast and can now have neither foods now. But dairy is the roughest..we both love cheese. I'll keep you updated in the cheese thread!.

Well, I have yet to sample whatever the heck I made tonight (mixed a BBQ type spice mix in a curry. Not quite right I am thinking. Eek)

But hubby helped get this going yesterday and for tonight. We fried up some beSan powder dipped potato chips. Too too much OIL! I needed to drain them more. But they were pretty GOOD! Chat MasAla sprinkled on top.

OMG! New mobile device here and it is making a mess of the text! GEEZER! Lol (geez I meant of course) sorry!

Back
Top Bottom