Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My daughter is now three and half years old. She is now always eager to pointing my faults and correcting them. Last night she asked me that why I am so forgetful and absent minded, I replied that because I am not so sharp (although the conversation was in Bengali but I used the term 'sharp' ) like her. This morning she told her Papa "Mamma is not a 'shark' (she has taken sharp as shark) like me, she is a whale".

My daughter is now three and half years old. She is now always eager to pointing my faults and correcting them. Last night she asked me that why I am so forgetful and absent minded, I replied that because I am not so sharp (although the conversation was in Bengali but I used the term 'sharp' ) like her. This morning she told her Papa "Mamma is not a 'shark' (she has taken sharp as shark) like me, she is a whale".

The mistakes children make when learning are sometimes the most precious.

Too funny, Radhuni!

I love whales!

radhuni, that is such a sweet story. Take it from a Mom of adult children who didn't do this: write down all these cute things your child says. That way when she gets older you can laugh together about what adorable things she said as a child. I'm sure when our kids and I reminisce we've forgotten more stories than we remember.

radhuni, that is such a sweet story. Take it from a Mom of adult children who didn't do this: write down all these cute things your child says. That way when she gets older you can laugh together about what adorable things she said as a child. I'm sure when our kids and I reminisce we've forgotten more stories than we remember.

When I was working as a graphic designer many moons ago, someone I worked with asked me to take a list of her daughter's funny sayings and make it suitable for framing. She gave it to her daughter as a high school graduation present.

Thank you so much for the beautiful ideas.My mom still tell us the funny things we had done or said in our childhood, but writing down or giving her as a present never came across my mind. I will certainly write down and wait to give her as a present with some of her cute photos. I will write the name of you two and will tell her that you have given me the idea.

Thank you again GotGarlic and Cooking Goddess.

Everything in the corner of my world makes me smile. Of late, my dog who brought me the toy she loves so. We played and she does love the play.

~Cat

When I was a youngster (and getting interested in cooking), I had some childish notions. Sometimes these would end up in broken glassware.... a classic endeavour of mine (aged 11) was to make a sponge cake in a beautiful glass jelly mould. This didn't go well. Once I had cleared up the mess of broken glass and sponge, I wrote my mother an apology note and went to hide in my bedroom. :ermm:

Luckily, by the time she had finished reading my note, she was doubled up laughing and I got off scot free! :) I soon learned that notes of apology worked well with my mother and she received several over the years (all cooking/breakage related). Unbeknownst to me, she kept all those notes and took huge pleasure in sharing them! :LOL:

Do you still have those notes Katy? When cleaning out my Mom's things I ran across all sorts of souvenirs, some touching some "what the heck?". Kept the sweet things like notes and my ponytail from my very first haircut (I was probably around 5 and it was long). Pitched the odd things like the sugar chalice from my First Communion cake and her mom's dentures. :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

Poo was in the second grade. It was Halloween and the teacher had them cut out different shapes for that day. My son chose to cut out a headstone from black construction paper. Using a piece of chalk, he wrote in my name (Mommy) and the date of my birth 1749 along with the date of my death 1620. Yup, a little mixed up. And a walking zombie. On top was a picture of him with tears running down his face. I kept that along with a lot of other things that I gave to his new bride to save so she could show them to their children. She was so delighted to get them. Along with the jar he made out of clay. He made a long rope of clay and built it up going round and round on a base. She has that on her desk at work to hold her pencils and pens. :angel:

Do you still have those notes Katy? When cleaning out my Mom's things I ran across all sorts of souvenirs, some touching some "what the heck?". Kept the sweet things like notes and my ponytail from my very first haircut (I was probably around 5 and it was long). Pitched the odd things like the sugar chalice from my First Communion cake and her mom's dentures. :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately not (as far as I know). When my lovely mum died (far too early at 69), I was not involved in the "clear out" that my dad and brothers did at the family home. Bills and "important" stuff were preserved, but "unimportant" stuff like personal notes were thrown out. I haven't given up hope of finding something of interest though. Since my dad died last October, my youngest brother isn't throwing anything out without consulting us. I have found an absolutely fascinating copy of a letter from my grand uncle - sent from New York to his home town in Ireland, and dated in the 1930s.

I really hope I find more snippets and notes as we go through. :)

I have the letters that my grandmother wrote to my grandfather when he was serving in WWI. These were written when he was in a hospital in England (which no one knew). The letters get progressively more "scolding" for not having heard from him. She also wrote about the neighbours/friends who died from the flu epidemic. The letters gave me an insight into a side of my grandma's personality I never knew.

Back
Top Bottom