Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH got me a $100 gift card to Home Depot to get my edging bricks and some flowers. I expected to be able to get bricks and maybe 2 8-packs of flowers for that.
I ended up with 12, all my bricks, plus 2 bags of compost / manure :)
I have a bunch of flowers and veggies started from seed downstairs, I'm so excited for the rain to stop so I can start digging!!

Being able to once again plant the planters on my front porch..It takes me longer that last spring, but at least I'm able to get it done.Put in burgunday and white impatience they look so pretty..have only two more cement planters to go and it's done..Then several things I need to dig up at the fish pond in back..We are getting ready to give Ethan his 4th. birthday party..It's been so long since I did anything like this..It feels wonderful to be back in the loop...:LOL:Yippeee, I feel usefull again..
kadesma

I was helping my sociology professor (from Ukraine) at a nice little international festival here at our OSU branch campus. Told her I would back her up with a taste of Ukraine for the Ukrainian table.

When she sampled my Ukrainian pastries she smiled a big smile of approval for each one. "Is it (the honey bread) like back home?" "Yes!" Brought a smile to my face also!

Other than Cubbie and our two new kittens (who have all had me smiling a lot today) what has me grinning is my new laptop and microwave oven. The laptop is an HP Pavilion dv9815n4--it is so pretty and sleek looking, with a nice 17 inch screen, built in webcam and microphone, and tons of great stuff. The microwave is a Panasonic 2.2 cu ft, 1250 watt, with Inverter Technology. It will replace our $30 WalMart special which was given to us by a friend (and was much appreciated, believe me!). I love my new "toys!"

:)Barbara
P.S. A bonus smile--as I was typing this, my cousin in Minnesota came online to talk for awhile. We don't talk often anymore, as she is very busy working and raising, along with her husband, 3 very active girls.

Being able to once again plant the planters on my front porch..It takes me longer that last spring, but at least I'm able to get it done.Put in burgunday and white impatience they look so pretty..have only two more cement planters to go and it's done..Then several things I need to dig up at the fish pond in back..We are getting ready to give Ethan his 4th. birthday party..It's been so long since I did anything like this..It feels wonderful to be back in the loop...:LOL:Yippeee, I feel usefull again..
kadesma

It's amazing what digging in the dirt does for your soul isn't it? :)

Thanks LP I will if I ever get it done!!!

My little going away party. One coworker/friend gave me a card with a Chihuahua in a sombrero saying Adios. On the inside, it's says That's spanish for: sure go ahead, and leave your friends, the only people who really care about you, Fine, JUST TAKE OFF!!
I absolutely love it!! It helped pull my mood back up on my last day.

Although I wish I didn't have to, I'm smiling because now I can..I get my training to use a dyalizer at night, next tues and wed. It's taken several months but now it's a reality..Prayers please that this works for me and I keep smiling...
kadesma

You're gonna love it, CJ! My daughter had the cycler and it made life so much easier. Plus, you don't have to walk around with a load of dialysis solution in your belly all the time! And because you can adjust the strength of the solution, if you overdo on salt or potassium one day, it isn't as big an issue. I'm so happy for you! (But make room next to your bed - it's a fairly big machine at the bottom.)

Back
Top Bottom