Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For two days now I have been watching a marathon of Highway Through Hell. It is out of Canada and filmed in the Canadian Cascade Mountains. It is about a towing company pulling huge wrecks off the highways.

Addie, it's a relatively inexpensive show to produce. All these type shows are produced to grab the viewers attention until the next commercial break.

Another good one for foodies - which is more personal, like the way she describes her show - is "Ugly Delicious" with Momofuku Chef David Chang. It's lots of fun to watch; one episode is about his family's Thanksgiving meal. Fair warning: he and his friends drop the occasional F bomb, but it's not excessive.

https://www.eater.com/2018/2/23/17043556/ugly-delicious-season-1-netflix-guide
I just completed watching this series for the second time...

I find it interesting that I learned as much about "people" as I did about the particular "food" subject..

Thank you for suggesting this great series.. :)

Ross

Last edited:
I just completed watching this series for the second time...

I find it interesting that I learned as much about "people" as I did about the particular "food" subject..

Thank you for suggesting this great series.. [emoji2]

Ross
Glad you enjoyed it, Ross. We got started on House of Cards and haven't finished this series yet. I hope they do more.

I'm about to watch Thursday Night Football -- or, 20 minutes of football, and two hours of commercials. :rolleyes:

CD

I've been watching Game of Thrones, seasons 1-7. I watched it all in October and was unwilling to leave that world. Sooo, I started it over again...beginning the second viewing of season 7 tonight.

Anyone else enjoying this series?

I like to go back and watch previous seasons before the next one starts as well. Game Of Thrones would be a good one to go back over. I've loved it from the beginning; will be sad when it's over.

I'm almost done watching Star Trek: TNG. I started it from season one a few months ago. I'll be sad all over again when that one's done... again.

Btw, Outlander starts up again this weekend. I'll probably re-watch the end of last season.

I also have to get going on Z Nation. I want to watch it from the beginning. My boy and I are watching the newer episodes together. But there's been so many character changes (mostly from being eaten or heads blown off), lol.

Last edited:
I picked up the last season's DVD's of "Waiting for God" from the library. We watched half of them earlier this week, might finish them off tonight unless Himself wants to stick with college football.

I'm really going to miss Diana and Tom...

I like to go back and watch previous seasons before the next one starts as well. Game Of Thrones would be a good one to go back over. I've loved it from the beginning; will be sad when it's over.

The book covering season 8 of GOT will be in the bookstores on 11/20, my Mom has forbidden me to buy it. She wants to get it for me for Christmas. I am surprised how much I love it and why the heck did it take me so long to even try it.

Now I am on to re-watching Orphan Black.

Was search her for something to watch and stumbled on Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon. If you were 26 in 56, it’s a must watch. What show lacks music from that era fills in. I love it. Especially funny if you are Jewish.

I’d really love to catch this award winning show, but I’ve already got Hulu and Netflix, I can’t afford Amazon right now. Bummer

Well, we finished the last episodes of the last season of "Waiting for God". :cry: In spite of the fact that I don't really enjoy the British shows that show up on PBS, this one was absolutely delightful. I'm sure it's mostly because the lead characters, Tom and Diana, are just a bit older than Himself and I. I can only aspire to be as ornery and mischievous as Diana if I ever find myself living in a retirement home. :LOL:

Well, we finished the last episodes of the last season of "Waiting for God". :cry: In spite of the fact that I don't really enjoy the British shows that show up on PBS, this one was absolutely delightful. I'm sure it's mostly because the lead characters, Tom and Diana, are just a bit older than Himself and I. I can only aspire to be as ornery and mischievous as Diana if I ever find myself living in a retirement home. :LOL:

I loved that show. I never missed an episode the first time it was on PBS. Just by chance I caught the very first show and was hooked.

"Pit Bulls and Parolees." I wonder how a cable TV series like that got thought up. BTW, PBS TV is hurting lately. Lack of funding, competition by cable. Outdone by cable. I can't take one more PBS session of money management or how to keep your brain young.

Last edited:
I must be the only dude on the planet that hasn't seen g.o.t.
If you get the chance a very very good English programme is peaky blinders. I've seen nearly every season.

Russ

I must be the only dude on the planet that hasn't seen g.o.t.
If you get the chance a very very good English programme is peaky blinders. I've seen nearly every season.

Russ
I haven't and won't see G.O.T. either... I see that Netflix has Peaky Blinders. Just might be our kinda show..

Ross

"Pit Bulls and Parolees." I wonder how a cable TV series like that got thought up. BTW, PBS TV is hurting lately. Lack of funding, competition by cable. Outdone by cable. I can't take one more PBS session of money management or how to keep your brain young.

You know her husband was on parole and he violated it. He has a long sentence to finish.

The one thing I have admire her for, is that she has proven pit bulls do not have to be vicious with the proper training.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom