Making a living

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barbiegirl45

Assistant Cook
Does anyone on this board have a home based chocolate or candy making business? I'd like to start one and wondered if anyone had any insight for me.:rolleyes:
Thanks
Barb

This company was started as a home based business 16 years ago selling just one thing, chocolate covered strawberries.

http://www.berries.com/jump.jsp?itemID=0&itemType=HOME_PAGE

If you'd asked me about the chances for success as a one trick pony selling chocolate covered strawberries then I would have said that it was a very long shot.

You can see that they've thrived and are growing each year.

I have no connection with the company, they are a local business and I've watched them grow over the years. They do about 1/6th of their annual business on Valentine's Day and are always on the local TV new shows demonstrating how to dip strawberries and make different chocolates. They are not cheap but folks obviously love their products.

Good luck!

how can i become an associate ambulance chaser?

just kidding mg, but what does this have to do with food?

buckytom said:
how can i become an associate ambulance chaser?

just kidding mg, but what does this have to do with food?
I moved this thread to the off-topic area, but if another mod thinks it's better suited somewhere else please move it again.

Sorry Barb, no personal experience in this area, but I wish you tons of luck. (And a big welcome to DC! :chef:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom