Monday Dinner August 4, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Four-cheese & spinach pizza using left-over cheese from last weeks four-cheese lasagne.

I made a version of chicken picatta but I marinated the chicken in lemon juice, white wine, lemon zest, garlic, evoo, and fresh herbs. I then grilled the chicken and made the picatta sauce from the leftover marinade, capers and chicken broth and finished it with a tab of butter. I served it over wide thin noodles......we were very pleased:-p

I'm grilling chicken breasts and portabello mushrooms marinated in Italian dressing and topping with swiss cheese served on a kaiser roll. I also made cucumbers/onion salad in sour cream. The cucumbers were from the garden. I may also make some green beans or broccoli from the garden also as Dh doesn't like the cucumbers. lol He's working on my new laptop, so I have to make him happy tonight!

Barb

:pig:

Attachments

• fried steak3.jpg
    fried steak3.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 243
pacanis, PD won, it was all about the gravy, the brown gravy with onions

Well if you looked at my recent post in the chicken fried steak thread, The brown gravy barely nudged out the milk gravy with me, too.
PD isn't too far off the mark on this one ;)

Well if you looked at my recent post in the chicken fried steak thread, The brown gravy barely nudged out the milk gravy with me, too.
PD isn't too far off the mark on this one ;)
Now I know what I should have ordered at L&S in Savannah when I went there.
I'll try them both, side by side, like you did. Smaller versions of course, don't want to go overboard with huge ole things, but that'll be fun.
After reading Mama's recipe for spaghetti sauce on her web page, I made it a few days ago. I give her a big double thumber;)

i had to cook 4 thick pork loin and rib chops before they went bad, so i baked them with shake-n-bake. i wasn't sure if dw or my boy wanted them, so while they baked i grilled more sweet and sour marinated chicken thighs.
dw made salt and pepper boiled potatoes, and mashed potatoes with cheese. also, she steamed some asparagus, and we had carrots and roma tomatoes from the garden.

i had to cook 4 thick pork loin and rib chops before they went bad, so i baked them with shake-n-bake. i wasn't sure if dw or my boy wanted them, so while they baked i grilled more sweet and sour marinated chicken thighs.
dw made salt and pepper boiled potatoes, and mashed potatoes with cheese. also, she steamed some asparagus, and we had carrots and roma tomatoes from the garden.

All that for 3 people? One meal?

not really.

the leftovers will be lunch, and some of the chicken was given to our outdoor cats, the spuds and veggie leftovers to our parrots. it's not as bad as it appears. :)

Well that plate works for me, don't know what the rest of the family would be doing for supper!! LOL.
I need to give that a shot, try the white and brown side by side for comparision, we love Country Fried Steak here!

I love it here now, too! :)

Back
Top Bottom