National “Eat Your Noodles” Day ~ 3/11/2024 ~ Whatcha Eatin' ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
How appropriate, we had a repeat of last night, Beef Chow Fun

IMG_3749.JPG

Did y'all have oodles of noodles?

I made four mini lasagnas yesterday. I like making the minis because they are 1–2 servings each depending on how hungry you are and everyone can have or not have additions to the basic cheese layers, sauce, and noodles. This time the cheese mixture had chopped frozen spinach, ricotta, raw egg, mozzarella, Parmigiano Reggiano & pecorino romano cheese. So mine (I ate half) was cheese layers, noodles, browned ground beef, mushrooms, and a hard-boiled egg. The others were - two with only mushrooms added (one will be for leftovers) and one without any additions.

mini_lasagna_031124_1_IMG_2456.jpg

I was going to have penne pasta with sauce for dinner, without even knowing it was noodle day, but I got busy running around town for yard and garden stuff. I got hungry and had the King make me a double cheeseburger to eat in the car.

A burger is about as hard a food as I dare eat at this point (tooth removal last week). The pasta would have been better, in multiple ways, but I wanted to get my stuff done, so I'd have less to go out and get today when I realized what I neglected to get yesterday. :rolleyes:

Today (Tuesday) is National Baked Scallops day. Why baked? I don't know. If it was National Pan Seared Scallops day (or just scallops day), I'd be all in.

CD

Back
Top Bottom