New Year's Eve... Can't eat out so,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Steamed Mussels, Tomato-Garlic Gravy with Minced Clams over #9 Pasta..

Mussels & Clams.jpg

maybe just popcorn! We had a large late lunch. Dh grilled some rib eyes, I made baked potatoes with fixins and green beans. And an adult beverage with the popcorn.

For lunch I made myself a fried pork chop sandwich to hold me over 'til a late dinner.

Late dinner will be deviled eggs and shrimp cocktail.

Beverage to be selected at time of service.

We did a Danish style mini smørrebrødsbord and had a lovely, Spanish rosé wine with it. I didn't have as many varieties of stuff as I would have liked, e.g., only one kind of fish, no rugbrød (Danish heavy rye bread), no hard boiled eggs or "egg cake", and no pickled beets. But, it was still good. We have taken a recess and will resume eating later. We will also have the bubbly later.

The round platter has cold cuts and the smoked salmon, as well as some cucumber slices and lettuce. The elongated platter has a variety of cheeses. There were a variety of crackers, knækbrød (Danish style crisp, rye bread), and not in the picture, some whole grain baguette on a cutting board.

Attachments

• PXL_20201231_224407964, small.jpg
    PXL_20201231_224407964, small.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 65
IMG_0137.jpg

A lovely appetizer, Chicken and Pesto in Phyllo pastry I found in the freezer case at the market

IMG_0143.jpg

My Clams over thick Spaghetti (I made extra sauce for the dunking of bread!)

Mussel Marinara.jpg

DH's Mussels Marinara, it doesn't photograph well, but those are New Zealand Greenlip Mussels that are HUGE!!!

IMG_0144.jpg

Dessert will be my homemade Brownies,
maybe with a scoop of Tillamook Oregon Hazelnut & Salted Caramel Ice Cream on top for later, with a glass (or three) of Champagne :yum:

I had Squid Salad, Ahi Tuna and Salmon Sashimi with Crab and Sushi Rice for lunch. Later, if I make it that long, will be assorted cheeses, salami and grapes with some Moscato di Asti.

I set out a cheese and cured meat board, along with figs and apricots, deviled eggs, nuts, olives and pickles, crackers, and shrimp cocktail with homemade sauce. Himself has a tummy "thing" going, so we're saving the Prosecco for when his tummy has fewer bubbles than the bubbly.

IMG_20201231_215259798.jpg

I set out a cheese and cured meat board, along with figs and apricots, deviled eggs, nuts, olives and pickles, crackers, and shrimp cocktail with homemade sauce. Himself has a tummy "thing" going, so we're saving the Prosecco for when his tummy has fewer bubbles than the bubbly.

View attachment 44748

Looks good. We seem to have had similar ideas. :chef: :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom