Nintendo Wii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
Who here owns a Wii or has played with one? I know very little about them. What can you tell me? What games are the must haves? What about accessories? Are there any you really need. What about Wii fit?

Please educate a Wii dummy.

We have one with the fit. I like the sport games, you can have 4 people playing tennis, golf etc.

OH GB.... you know I'm not allowed to like the WI! X-BOX is the way to go!

Cade and Carson have just about everything and love it..They love to get mommy and daddy involved..I'll find out all the things they have from Cade. He is staying here tonight..:LOL:
kademsa

Last edited:
Got the Wii love the wii
got the wii fit too. love it too.

Must haves:

Wii Sports: Comes with a controller. Its a good buy.
Carnival games: Just alot of fun

I cant remember the other games that I really enjoy but the wife likes,
American idol, mario party 8, open season and a few others.

the wii fit is cool. a decent work out. and it makes it fun and you can unlock 1 where you can do the exercise and watch tv.

A little birdy told me I am getting one tomorrow so I am kind of excited. I like the idea of the fit. If you are going to be in front of the TV then you may as well get a little exercise while there.

My sister has the Wii fit and my kids have tried it - They all rave about it - My sister also lost 5 pounds the first week she got it. I am getting one with my tax return!!!!

My children have a Wii. We all love it. We play tennis and bowling and golf. It is cool that we can all four play at the same time. There are so many different kinds of games that there's definately something for everyone. It's almost impossible to find something that three teenagers can agree on LOL, but they all love the Wii. I have a skiing game that's pretty cool (I'm not good at it yet though). One of my daughters has a fishing game that she loves, and my son is into all these Japanese games. There is something for everyone. I think I'll go play some tonight when I get off work. It's a great way to relax. ;)

Talk to me about this GRK. What do you mean you can unlock 1? So I can do the Wii fit exercises while having regular TV on? Would it be a picture in picture type thing?

ok so you first start out able to do lets say 4 yoga poses, 4 strength excerises, 3 balance and 3 areobic.

and you get better at those you unlock others then eventually there is 1 where there are noises from the wiiremote telling you want to do in the step areobics, run, etc...

I bought my grandson a Wii for Christmas a year ago and we had a lot of fun with it. It came with 4 games, bowling, baseball and two others and we found it addictive. This year I got him the Guitar Hero with several instruments. THAT one is hilarious and more fun than you can imagine. The technology behind it is mind boggling. My daugher ( his mother) added the Wii Fit but I've never seen that one. She loves it.

I got a Wii for Christmas this year and it is a riot, especially when the grandkids are here. We have the sports: baseball, tennis, bowling and boxing. Dh also got me the Iron Chef and Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader. They are all alot of fun! He's supposed to be getting me the Fit which I did ask for.
We have 2 controllers, 2 numchucks (for boxing) and the charging station.
Hope you enjoy it!

Barb

GB, you are going to absolutely LOVE the Wii. The Wii Fit rocks too. There are tons of different games and things on there and you can use it as a "personal trainer" too if you like. There are strength, balance, aerobic and yoga things on the fit. You can also get other games that utilize the Fit board.

The games that come with the Wii are a blast too. The baseball, bowling, tennis and golf are awesome, but I completely suck at the boxing. Madeleine (who's birthday is also tomorrow) creams me every time I try it out.

If you are looking for serious party fun look into the Guitar Hero world tour for Wii and get the drums, bass, guitar and microphone. Its a party all on its own. A bit $$$ though.

Just be careful!! We were playing tennis one time (myself, son, 2 cousins) and I went to swing and socked my son in the back of the head. I hit him pretty hard and we had to take a break for a little. Good thing he is tough, if it was one of the cousins we wouldnt have been playing again that night.

Yep, when they say you need room, believe them. I smashed my hand on a wall playing tennis. Major ow.

Back
Top Bottom