Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Timi sounds like Tikva - having me well and truly under her paws!

signature_1(9).gif

20130806_220518.jpg
I think I posted these once before. In August, 2013, Grimlock (Saars Wolfhond) spotted a bat that had crawled inside. If you look carefully towards the back, you can see the hump outline of....

aha, yes! it is Maya!, waiting for Grimmy to chase the bat to her so she can catch it as it comes out the back.
see? there she is, waiting patiently.

20130806_220540.jpg

View attachment 65473 I think I posted these once before. In August, 2013, Grimlock (Saars Wolfhond) spotted a bat that had crawled inside. If you look carefully towards the back, you can see the hump outline of....

aha, yes! it is Maya!, waiting for Grimmy to chase the bat to her so she can catch it as it comes out the back.
see? there she is, waiting patiently.

View attachment 65474
Oh, that's funny. I can totally see it. Now Maya is looking a little bit like a bat in that photo as well.

Dinner was grab what you can as we had to run a kitty to the Animal ER. They are concerned about her kidney functions and she was extremely dehydrated. She is currently stable but will be in the Animal Hospital for a couple of days. Hoping it is something we can care for and bring her home.

** Shortly after posting this, we got a call from the Animal Hospital. MinaBean took a sudden turn for the worst. Her kidneys had shut down and she was not going to make it. Frank and I were able to spend time with her and held her as she crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. We were so sure we would have many more years with her.

This isn't the place to post this, so mods can move it if needed. Thank you all for the support, prayers, messages, and well-wishes.

MinaBean.jpg

Last edited:
So sorry, Kathleen. As it happens, our Beagle (Dozer) is in pain these days because of a spinal problem apparently common with beagles. We took him to the 24 hour animal hospital Saturday night (paid $350 without a single blink) and they gave him a pain-killer shot, and gave us a couple prescriptions: one for gabapentin, a blocker, and one for an anti-inflammatory chewable whose name eludes me for the moment. His prognosis is good, thankfully, but it's anguish to me to hear him whimper and yelp.

Your post reminds me that I can't complain. He's still with us, after all.

Back
Top Bottom