Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had a tiny power glitch early this afternoon. It seems to have fried something in the computer we use as a gateway router. We are without regular internet until DH builds a replacement. He is pretty sure that we have the parts. The reason I can still get here to post is because my tablet has a SIM card, so I connect over the cell network. I hate how limiting it is to use a tablet for the intertubes.

Bummer, taxy. I hope Stirling can fix your system up quickly. I prefer my laptop for all but the quickest functions, too.
All fixed this afternoon. :clap: :bounce:
I had some stuff to catch up on and then I had to deal with my online grocery orders. We are really low on milk and cream. But, that should arrive tomorrow afternoon.

Stirling is a computer god! Glad to see you're up and running in high gear, taxy.
He sure is. :wub:

There was a bit of swearing. He says he got into software because he isn't good at manipulating physical things, so having to deal with the innards of computers isn't his favourite. He does it a fair bit though.

Minor vent. You know how net news sites are increasingly bringing up a window telling you to either turn off Ad Blocker or subscribe in order to read an article? I just found out by accident that when that rude window comes up, all I have to do is hit the reload button on my browser and the article can be read without a window popping up telling me to turn off ad blocker or subscribe. I just thought I'd pass that along.

USA Today.com does that now, didn't use to. NYDaily News.com didn't used to do it, but then started doing it, then backed off probably due to reduced viewership. Some sites which mention a link also do it when you go there (turn off adblocker or subscribe). I refuse to turn off Adblocker or subscribe. Other sites are more gracious and merely ask that you do it, and not demand it.

Minor vent. You know how net news sites are increasingly bringing up a window telling you to either turn off Ad Blocker or subscribe in order to read an article? I just found out by accident that when that rude window comes up, all I have to do is hit the reload button on my browser and the article can be read without a window popping up telling me to turn off ad blocker or subscribe. I just thought I'd pass that along.

I'll give that a try. I find that turning off ALL my tracking protection usually works. Often, there are 35 or more trackers on those pages. I have three separate things blocking trackers.

This is a tongue-in-cheek petty vent..

I shop Aldi's for most food items.. I'd prefer TJ's but, there ya go..

Last week I went to Aldi to replenish baking staples.. Found everything but corn starch.. Was going to stop @ Price Cutter for it but forgot..

Friday I went back to Aldi.. Nope, still no corn starch..

I hunted down a manager and asked about it.. I was told.. get this.. Corn starch is a "seasonal" item!!!

Seriously?? :wacko:

I'm having a Tee Shirt made with "Happy Corn Starch Season", on the front.. :LOL:

Ross

Back
Top Bottom