Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At BMC I usually go for blood work immediately after my visit to the doctor. Never a waiting period. They have six (that I counted) stalls just for drawing blood. That is all they do all day. There is one female that is an absolute gem when it comes to drawing blood. You NEVER feel the needle penetrating the skin. For any other test, I make an appointment for an afternoon.

At BMC I usually go for blood work immediately after my visit to the doctor. Never a waiting period. They have six (that I counted) stalls just for drawing blood. That is all they do all day. There is one female that is an absolute gem when it comes to drawing blood. You NEVER feel the needle penetrating the skin. For any other test, I make an appointment for an afternoon.
For people who see a doctor less frequently than you do, it makes more sense to have blood tests done before an appointment, so the doctor can discuss the results.

Drink about 5 cups of Dark Roast Coffee before your blood draw. Doctors need to learn that they work for us -- we don't work for them. It took me a good ten years to train my doctor...:
That would have required getting up early enough to do that much drinking! :LOL: As it was, I crawled out of bed at 7:20, put a little make-up* on while my tea water boiled and the tea steeped, and was at the hospital to see the vampire at 8:02 AM. :punk: I rock! BTW, I briefly considered moving to London. I could have slept in until noon; a 1:00 PM blood draw in London would have been 8:00 AM in MA.

* A small courtesy to anyway having to look at me. Without a dusting of powder and a spot of blusher I'm afraid someone might call for the undertaker. :D

Last edited:
...I personally think an eight a.m. appointment is was too early. Doesn't your doctor :wacko: have morning rounds at that hour he could be doing at a hospital far away?
Addie, it wasn't a doctor appointment. It was a blood draw before my 2:30 PM doctor's appointment on Tuesday. Due to my low blood serum sodium levels, the doc wanted to get a reading of a certain hormone level in my blood at 8:00 AM to see if my current medication is doing its job. It was that specific test that needs a morning reading to get an accurate number.

Addie, it wasn't a doctor appointment. It was a blood draw before my 2:30 PM doctor's appointment on Tuesday. Due to my low blood serum sodium levels, the doc wanted to get a reading of a certain hormone level in my blood at 8:00 AM to see if my current medication is doing its job. It was that specific test that needs a morning reading to get an accurate number.

Did he have the results in time for your p.m. appointment? At least the doctor's appointment is at a reasonable hour.

*sigh* Addie, reading comprehension. :rolleyes: My doctor's appointment isn't until Tuesday of next week, April 16th, at 2:30 PM.

Addie, it wasn't a doctor appointment. It was a blood draw before my 2:30 PM doctor's appointment on Tuesday...

I don't want to have to repeat myself again. I do enough of that when I'm conversing with Himself. :LOL:

I am sick and tired of people who can't thier dang dogs at home. 2 Neighbors 3 dogs. Over here all the time chaseing my animals. The sheriff said SSS. Shoot Shovel Shut up. I don't want to do that. I don't want to be that guy. But I can't stand by and be disrespected like this. I have had conversations with both dog owners multiple times yet they do nothing. I get the same ole oh I'm so sorry.
The German Shepard is a known killer. He has killed calves and a pig. Not ours thankfully. He has also growled at my employee. We simply can't have this menace around.
The other 2 are a black lab and blue healer. Been here 5 times in the past couple months. Day before yesterday they were here again. I called the owner. Her dogs took after my dog right in front of her. I politely yet very firmly told her that we can not have these dogs here anymore.

No one wants to go around killing dogs. But you have your livelihood, your and family/employee safety to consider. Your employee could easily sue you for not providing protection from a known threat if that dog bites him. Also, you have young children to protect. I would consider the sheriff's advice.

Last edited:
Jon, not saying you have to use it and do it but next time they come to collect their dog - which hopefully you might have been able to pen...

loop your rifle thru the crook in your arm

and just hint politely you almost thought it was a fox/coyote/wolf/dingo(wha!).
Goes along with the ol' "Oh I'm so sorry."

I believe you have the right to protect your livestock. You could/should remind them of that.

If they growled at your kids I think you might actually use.

Matter of fact - here, the police would shoot the dog, return it to the owner for positve identification.

Last edited:
I am having a serious hearing problem myself. Fortunately I have a second appointment for another hearing test and the possibility of needing a hearing aid.

I keep telling Pirate, that when you go into another room and talk to me, all I can here is a lot of mumbles. And sometimes not even that. "Huh? What did you say? Come out here and tell me again." It has become my mantra.

He seems to be very dense when it comes to my hearing.

Jon, not saying you have to use it and do it but next time they come to collect their dog - which hopefully you might have been able to pen...

loop your rifle thru the crook in your arm

and just hint politely you almost thought it was a fox/coyote/wolf/dingo(wha!).
Goes along with the ol' "Oh I'm so sorry."

I believe you have the right to protect your livestock. You could/should remind them of that.

If they growled at your kids I think you might actually use.

Matter of fact - here, the police would shoot the dog, return it to the owner for positve identification.

Great advice from dragnlaw. Don't wait until one of them bites on of your children. I would suggest following the Sheriff's advice. Excellent wise words from him.

I understand your reluctance to shoot them, but it sure beats watching one of those dogs gnawing on one of you children.

The front door to this building is hooked up to our telephones. Land line or mobile. About six weeks ago my phone was hacked along with Pirates. We are on the same program together. So we ended up getting new phones and numbers. And I reported the new number to the office downstairs. The company that is supposed to serve the door, kept promising to come the next day, and the next day, and the next day. As a result I missed having my medications for my heart being delivered on time. It was because of that action that I ended up with an A Fib event. Well the next day never arrived. Grrr! So I called HUD.

Aha!!! I don't know what HUD said, but it is officially in working order. Pirate just went downstairs to check it out. Gee HUD works fast. I guess the phone company didn't want to lose that lucrative contract. Or HUD didn't want to find themselves in court over my medical problems.

Last edited:
This is not even a went, just an annoyance. You know on Yahoo they have those "Sponsored" links that supposedly have something interesting or useful (I wish) to look at, pictures, info, etc.
So I clicked on one today, because it promised to explain the meaning of the little diamond on the measuring tape. Guess what I went thru all 30 or sometime pictures, and the darn link is slow, and they did not even have the diamond explanation. Gosh that made me mad. What a waste of time.

Thanks Andy for that reference point.

Charlie, the second I see one of those "to continue, click here" I click on another site. I still don't know what Doris Day looks like today. And I guess I never will. Just come to DC and some here will give you the answer. All of us are filled with often times, useless knowledge.

Great knowledge if you are going to a cocktail party and need to start a conversation.

Within five minutes I had the pizza delivery at the door, the dog barking his head off, Pirate took another bad fall in the kitchen, someone is at my front door, And Spike wanted to go shopping early tomorrow morning. TOO LATE! I forgot to make the reservation for The Ride to get us to the store. Oh yeah. I almost forgot. The nurse from LM wants to come to my home early in the morning to make sure I am all right. And you know what? I am not ALL RIGHT! All I ask for is some peace and quiet. So around six in the morning I have to get up, get the house in order with Pirate's help, make the reservations for The Ride, call Spike to set up another date with him for when he will be free for grocery shopping, take a look at my calendar and see if my free days will coincide with Spike's. I have an appointment on the 9th with Pirate in tow to go and do some serious learning with my new leg. So no grocery shopping on May 9th. Every Thursday is already spoken for until the very end of December for PT.

Well grocery shopping is now set for 9 a.m. Sunday. In the meantime I guess we will starve or Pirate will have to go to the corner store for a loaf of bread. I have made a huge sign and it is sitting right next to my bed to remember to make the reservations for The Ride. One problem solved. Now if only I could get back those two inches I lost this month in height. Then I would be tall enough to knock the stuffing out of everyone who dares to talk to me.

Calgon, take me away!

VENT OVER!!

I am soooo tired of all the phone scams going wild. I get the "health Insurance" scam call five times a day, and they use fake caller ID so you can't block them.

I got the new "Sierra Leone" scam call three time in the middle of the night. I was able to block that one. BTW, do NOT answer a call from Sierra Leone, and do NOT call it back. If you connect with them, they will load your phone bill up with bogus charges.

CD

I don't even answer those calls. If I don't recognize the number or it's a caller ID that's not already connected to me, I just hang up. I never answer so I never know who's calling for which scam.

I recently got a call with a caller ID of "Scam Call". and "Anonymous" is a regular caller.

Back
Top Bottom