Question about substitution in baking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, I didn't see this last night. I think I'll try it another way, just to experiment, to see how it goes. My master gardener group is conducting a new master gardener class this year and it takes place from 9 am to noon two days a week. We "seasoned" ;) gardeners provide a morning snack, so I want to make it a little more "breakfasty," with extra orange flavor. So I don't mind changing up the flavor profile some.

I think I'll experiment this weekend and give some to my neighbors before I sign up for hospitality next week.

Oh, it's a Nordic Ware Honeycomb Pull-Apart Dessert Pan. I got it through Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Honeycomb-Pull-Apart-Dessert/dp/B006DH4OWY

That is such a cool pan! I like the other one on that link too, the Cinnamon Roll Pull Apart pan, I think I need that pan!

Also GG, I was thinking, in the past when I purchased a Nordic pan, it came with a recipe for something or another to make with that particular pan... was there one with yours?
Yes, it did come with a recipe called honey cake, but it only used honey as a glaze. I wanted a recipe that used honey in the batter, too.

I dunno, GG. I think your cake looks beautiful. I'd happily dive into it.

No suggestions, but I'm not a baker.

Grand Marnier would be a wonderful flavor. :yum:
Thanks, Dawg. I took it to a morning master gardener meeting last month. DH was very disappointed that it was all eaten up (except for the last piece, which I left for our extension agent's secretary). But on the bright side for him, the cake rose *way* higher than the edge of the pan, so I had to slice off part of it. I used the scraps to make parfaits with vanilla Greek yogurt.

All right, I think I've come to a decision [emoji38] I've been resisting using tea, because I don't like it and don't drink it, and then I remembered that I do like chai tea. With its warm spices, it will allow me to reduce the cinnamon and be a perfect replacement for the coffee.

As I said, I don't typically drink tea, but I did ask DH to get me some black tea one day, so I could make chai. He put two and two together and brought home a box of chai tea bags :wub: I had intended to make my own with my Penzeys spices, but they will work perfectly for this :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom