Ranch Dressing for Kitchennisse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
Kitchennisse asked for my recipe for Ranch Dressing. I cannot take full credit because it is from Sara Moulton Cooks at Home cookbook. I make it at least once a week.

1 garlic clove
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
2 scallions, white part only, minced
1 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbs snipped fresh chives
1 Tbs EVOO
additional salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

Smash the garlic clove and crush with the side of a knife. Add salt and work into a coarse paste. Transfer to a bowl and add mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, scallions, parsley, and chives. Whisk in the olive oil and season with S/P to taste. Yield about 1-1/4 cup.

NOTE: If you do not use all of it the day you make it, it has a tendency to thin out because of the moisture in the scallions. I like a thicker ranch so I use 1 tsp each of dried parsley and chives, and 2 Tsp of dehydrated onion flakes and it is thicker. I also sometimes use more mayo and less buttermilk, making certain the total of both is 1-1/4 cup. I am not being arrogant in thinking I can make a better dressing than Sara. She encourages her viewers to make changes to her recipes for their particular taste. I love it even as a dip with vegies and buffalo wings.

Back
Top Bottom