Red potato microwave kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Texmex

Senior Cook
I don't know if you seen them and I just now noticed them, but in my store they are in the produce section right up in there with the other potatoes. They are microwaves kits with tiny potatoes and a flavor packet. You microwave them for five and a half minutes and then you break the seal and add butter and flavoring and shake It up.

The potatoes did get done. But I did not like it because even though there was flavor on the outside from the packet there was no seasoning at all on the inside. Like if you had boiled those little potatoes in salt water then it probably would have tasted better. Or if they were fried in bacon drippings or something like that.

Of course those kits are going to not last long so if you get one you need to use it. The kit was about $4. They have various flavor packets.

But if you're not someone who cares about strong flavors, they might just be quick and easy and fine for you.

I've had them. They are good. I also buy 1.5 lb. bags of tiny baby red and yellow potatoes. Then steam and season them myself.

Here are two varieties.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Tonight we had panko crusted chicken breast tender sandwiches on burger buns. Sesame noodles on the side.

OOOPS! Thought this was the dinner thread.
And you can't delete this post.

I have a garden full of potatoes and make these all the time with myown butter, chives, parseley, shallots and other good stuff.

Even if I didnt have a garden, I cant imagine buying this
Some people need the extra help. I might try these...but I draw the line at those little tubs of meat with sauce and salt and salt and salt...did I mention they are already salted? :giggle:

I haven't seen those kits. How tiny are the potatoes? Could you cut them in half before you add the seasoning?
They are really tiny like just a little bigger than a marble. I thought about maybe if you could cut them in half but I guess they're kind of steaming in there. I don't see potatoes that small at the grocery store. It would be nice to get some that small and just put them on a roasted pan and like you said cut them in half and then make up a seasoning to put on them. I think I probably won't get them again but if I did I probably burn myself trying to cut them in half and then put extra butter on them before adding the seasoning.

The red potato microwave kit is a convenient and easy-to-use product designed for hassle-free cooking of red potatoes. The kit typically includes pre-washed, pre-sized red potatoes and a microwave-safe bag. To use the kit, users simply place the potatoes in the bag, seal it, and microwave for the specified time, usually around 5-7 minutes. The bag's venting system allows steam to escape, resulting in perfectly cooked red potatoes with tender texture and delicious flavor.
This microwave kit is ideal for busy individuals or those without access to a stovetop or oven, providing a quick and nutritious side dish option. Additionally, it reduces cooking time and cleanup, making it an excellent option for small households or on-the-go meals. The red potato microwave kit is a convenient solution for enjoying the goodness of fresh red potatoes without the need for extensive preparation or kitchen equipment.

The red potato microwave kit is a convenient and easy-to-use product designed for hassle-free cooking of red potatoes. The kit typically includes pre-washed, pre-sized red potatoes and a microwave-safe bag. To use the kit, users simply place the potatoes in the bag, seal it, and microwave for the specified time, usually around 5-7 minutes. The bag's venting system allows steam to escape, resulting in perfectly cooked red potatoes with tender texture and delicious flavor.
This microwave kit is ideal for busy individuals or those without access to a stovetop or oven, providing a quick and nutritious side dish option. Additionally, it reduces cooking time and cleanup, making it an excellent option for small households or on-the-go meals. The red potato microwave kit is a convenient solution for enjoying the goodness of fresh red potatoes without the need for extensive preparation or kitchen equipment.
That sounds like a marketing blurb.

ElleSmith, tell us, are these kits available in your area of Mumbai? are you in the city centre as opposed to the outskirts. I can see them being available in the heavier areas.

Agree, 100%. I have a small glass covered dish that does the same thing. I rinse the potatoes, add a blob of butter, seasonings if I want and zap. No extra cost what so ever!
Me too!

I’m always fascinated by the latest convenience foods but rarely buy them unless they are available at an attractive price.

I do take the time to study them.

If they interest me I can usually find a YouTuber that has come up with a simple inexpensive way to duplicate them.

Agree, 100%. I have a small glass covered dish that does the same thing. I rinse the potatoes, add a blob of butter, seasonings if I want and zap. No extra cost what so ever!
I just have never seen potatoes that small at my grocery stores so that that would work. But if I ever do I'm going to try it and hopefully find some better seasonings and way more butter.

They are "new" potatoes. I personally like the shape of the fingerling ones. I'll sometimes buy those but certainly not in a kit.

"Little Gem" owes us all a discount. After these posts, without thinking, I threw a bag of them into my cart today. I don't need potatoes! :LOL: I still have a big bag of Russets I'm working my way thru.
ahhh - the power of suggestion! I've been Pavlovian conditioned!

They are "new" potatoes. I personally like the shape of the fingerling ones. I'll sometimes buy those but certainly not in a kit.
I have never seen any that size in the supermarket. They are about half the size of small new potatoes and about the size of a marble. I guess that's why it works.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom