Saturday Nite is Right for Dinner! July 1, 2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
We had grilled bratwurst with (or without) sauerkraut, fresh corn, and refrigerator pickles. What's on your table?

2023-07-01 18.28.14.jpg

I had the rest of the pork sirloin roast I used part of for last night's stir fry.

I thought I'd stuff it. Butterflied it out, made a stuffing of panko, cheese, green olives, rosemary onions garlic. Tied it and cooked. It distorted some as it contracted. And some more when I cut the string. I should have left it tied. It exploded when I moved it for carving.

PXL_20230701_230909616.MP.jpg

PXL_20230701_232400261.MP.jpgServed it with some linguine and broccoli.

Had good flavor and used things up.

I had the rest of the pork sirloin roast I used part of for last night's stir fry.

I thought I'd stuff it. Butterflied it out, made a stuffing of panko, cheese, green olives, rosemary onions garlic. Tied it and cooked. It distorted some as it contracted. And some more when I cut the string. I should have left it tied. It exploded when I moved it for carving.

View attachment 65091

View attachment 65092Served it with some linguine and broccoli.

Had good flavor and used things up.
The kind of oops that the chef cares about more than anyone else. I'm sure it still tasted good.

I'm feeling under the weather (we have been having thunderstorms passing through since morning, lots of rolling thunder and some tornado watches) even more than yesterday, so I did not accompany DH to a party with supper.

I had some carrot and celery sticks and hummus. Then later, I had a potato and pea samosa (store bought) and I reheated some of the crispy chicken from the Korean resto order on Thursday. I really wasn't up for more effort than that. It was all pretty good.

Wow, Jade that sounds delicious! Love eggplant.
Do you prefer white or dark meat for your curries? or makes no-never mind?

Wow, Jade that sounds delicious! Love eggplant.
Do you prefer white or dark meat for your curries? or makes no-never mind?
Thanks so very much @dragnlaw!
I’m a massive follower of David Thompson and he often talks about there not really being anything that follows strict rules in Thai food. Many recipes get adjusted to suit whatever the cook has to hand. Yes, there are certainly guidelines to consider for authentic cooking but substituting ingredients is common.
Personally, I prefer dark meat for red curry and stir fries.
Thai eggplant is absolutely delicious!
Tonight, my curry was cooked in a kitchen that looks like a bomb site as we just moved in to our new home and the kitchen is still being organised and unpacked!
Curry tasted great and I think I can now keep organising the place while still being able to get something nice on the plate.
Thanks for your interest and continued support 🫠

LOL, perfectly true Jade. A friend said one of her favourite Thai expressions is
"Same, same but different."
This was the expression used not only in the markets but in their cooking - should you ask what was different between one recipe and another. The one that made her laugh the most was two sisters explaining their recipes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom