Scenes from the Past...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cuba Then
Havana_before_Castro (19).jpg

#1 post is obviously an ad! No way that many serviced a car at any one time.
Which reminds me, have to check the oil. Service light came on the other day.

another lost post from 2 am, found at 10 am!
Or wore white while servicing cars...

Which reminds me, have to check the oil. Service light came on the other day.
My engine light was coming on because a chipmunk was living in there, under the hood, having pulling all the insulation from the hood and packed in down in between the engine, washer reservoir and wheel well. I was in line of cars with construction on either side, out popped the chipmunk from around the windshield wipers. It ran back and forth with me yelling "No, no Stay there, Don't climb up! " over and over again, There was no place to stop and pull over. The line was moving at about 30 or 40 mph. I screamed "don't move there's a place just ahead!" But the little guy started climbing up the windshield and got blown off into the traffic behind. Did he make it to the side wall of the construction site? I don't know.... but I burst into tears. Guess I'm still a bit sentimental since I've lost all my furry companions.

My engine light was coming on because a chipmunk was living in there, under the hood, having pulling all the insulation from the hood and packed in down in between the engine, washer reservoir and wheel well. I was in line of cars with construction on either side, out popped the chipmunk from around the windshield wipers. It ran back and forth with me yelling "No, no Stay there, Don't climb up! " over and over again, There was no place to stop and pull over. The line was moving at about 30 or 40 mph. I screamed "don't move there's a place just ahead!" But the little guy started climbing up the windshield and got blown off into the traffic behind. Did he make it to the side wall of the construction site? I don't know.... but I burst into tears. Guess I'm still a bit sentimental since I've lost all my furry companions.

I live near a ranch, so we get rats in the neighborhood, and they can get into garages. One built a nest in the engine bay of my MINI Cooper couple years back. Right on the Turbo. Almost caught the car on fire.

CD

I had an Infiniti G35 coupe. squirrels/chipmunks climbed into the engine compartment and ate wire insulation and gnawed on other stuff. Cost me over $800.00 to get it fixed. A mechanic relative of ours told me it's because wire insulation is now vegetable-based rather than petroleum-based so it's appealing to the critters.

Well I checked all the wires (visually) and no damage there. Just the stuffing. When I got to my destination, owner came out and asked why I had to hood open. I explained and then I said - You're a big brave fellow. You grab that nest, pull it out and see if there are anymore in there. We both got brave and took turns.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom