Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The folks here along the river would look at me like I was crazy if I wore a big fancy hat. They'd probably be right.

I do have a couple copper Moscow Mule cups, no silver ones. Mint is coming out. No bourbon, so it may be mojitos.

I will skip the mint julep and go for the huge hat and the horses. I love horses. They are such beautiful animals.

Stray thought #863: If you add a bag of peanuts to a bag of M&M's, you can call it "Trail Mix" and claim that it's a healthy snack. (I'm not sure why the Peanut M&M's weren't called "Trail Mix M&M's" in the first place.)

There was no such thing as "Trail Mix" when Peanut M&M's came out. I do agree with your argument/premise.

Back in the day it was called GORP, good old raisins and peanuts, we thought we were living large when we added chocolate chips. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
Stray thought #868: It really irritates me when people assume I have a "great personality" just because I'm ugly.

The two factors are not related so both combinations are equally likely. At least you're getting the benefit of the doubt.

He's trying to drive me crazy!

Seen/heard by the resident kitchen fly-on-the-wall:

Scene: We're in the kitchen, Himself is making toast.

Me: Honey, where did you move my mug?

Himself: What? Oh, no, I didn't move it. Where did you set it down?

(I start to look around kitchen, check the microwave AKA World's Largest Beverage Warmer, open dishwasher)

M: Nothing! Where could it be?

(wander into living room, in case I set it on the TV cabinet, and spy my cup next to HIS chair)

M: For crying out loud, you used MY cup for YOUR coffee. How could you not notice? (His cup is huge and all white, mine is small and printed all around in kitties)

(return to kitchen, where I smack Himself and we both have a good chuckle)

Curtain drops.

:(:(:(:(

Wondering why someone would want to detonate a bomb outside of an Arianna Grande concert - so many young people possibly hurt or killed.

Wondering why someone would want to detonate a bomb outside of an Arianna Grande concert - so many young people possibly hurt or killed.

I'm not too pleased with the world we live in today..
While I fear the future my loved ones face, I'm not sad that I'm in the latter stages of my life..

Ross

JC - it seems like ever since 9/11, the world gets worse and worse. Shoot, you can't even leave your doors unlocked any more.

GG, wish I could understand the processes in the minds of these people who do the suicide bombings and the terrorist attacks.

I live where you can leave the doors unlocked, neighbor's watching out for each other. Of course, I had a mini conniption this morning when I noticed a strange car in my parents yard and the garage door was open @ 0545. I stopped and surveyed the yard, garage and closed the door. Checked back when they were likely awake and they were fine. The car belongs to my Brother and Dad left the garage door open, forgetting he left it open.

I live where you can leave the doors unlocked, neighbor's watching out for each other. Of course, I had a mini conniption this morning when I noticed a strange car in my parents yard and the garage door was open @ 0545. I stopped and surveyed the yard, garage and closed the door. Checked back when they were likely awake and they were fine. The car belongs to my Brother and Dad left the garage door open, forgetting he left it open.

That would give me a conniption fit also. We have a security door system here. I always know who to expect at my door. And when I get a call that someone is at the door and I wasn't expecting anyone, I don't let them in until they can identify themselves to me. What I love about the system, no matter where I am at, like at the doctor's, my phone will ring if someone is at the door. A lot of times if I am expecting a UPS or Fedex, I always give them the code number to gain entrance to leave the package. But my phone still rings to tell me they are there.

The folks here are very nosey. And that can be a good thing. If someone is at the door and wants entrance, they don't get to come in. Not unless they can tell us who they are going to see. They get drilled real good. What's their name? What apartment are they in? What's your name? What relation are you to the tenant? Etc.

Back
Top Bottom