Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stray thought of the day: If I remember physics correctly, the atoms in my body contain the equivalent atomic energy of 30 hydrogen bombs. And yet, somehow they do not have enough energy to get up early and go jogging.

henryford1.jpg

(S)He who hesitates...

...misses out on the Amazon special of the day. :neutral:

I rarely scroll through my entire Facebook newsfeed. Rather, I check the Notifications and cherry-pick my way through posts. I really do not want to see 65 recipes shared by my friends every day! (People, figure out how to use the "save" feature already...:rolleyes: ) However, scroll I did - and saw a post by Serious Eats (and another by Kenji) that the 6-quart Instant Pot was on sale for $69.99. Hmm, should I get one or not? I just got that Staub braiser. Noodled this in my mind, then out loud to Himself who said "why not? Get it!". :huh: By the time I checked a few web blogs extolling the features (again) and skimming over the reviews on Amazon - pros and cons - and went back to Amazon...they were all gone. :ohmy: All that were available were used, starting at $80. Nevermind...

It looks like this comes around every year about this time. Can you all tell me again why I should not be living without this wonderful devise? :D Like every well-trained Cleveland sports fan knows, "there's always next year". Guess it can work for cookware, too.

It's been an h-e-double-hockey-sticks sort of week...

Monday starts out with me finding out a friend has suddenly left his home and is missing. Still nothing new on that front. Then it ends up with word from a cousin of Himself's that the cousin's mom died early Friday morning. She wasn't very old (78) but had a stroke a couple years ago. The entire situation has been tough on the family. Another family member sent a note to Himself saying that she had been in pain and failing health the last few months and at least she is without pain and in peace.

This is Himself's crazy side of the family. Instead of long faces, I know we look forward to a real celebration of Rosie's life. Because of the way his family deals with death, I hope I know when I'm close to my end. I want the celebration of MY life to be held while I'm still around to party!

Honking horns, lizzie? Cuz you know just because the cars are electric doesn't mean that drivers will become patient. ;)

Technically, can I be "cut off" for the night if I spill my glass of wine before I even take a sip? :huh:

Honking horns, lizzie? Cuz you know just because the cars are electric doesn't mean that drivers will become patient. ;)

Technically, can I be "cut off" for the night if I spill my glass of wine before I even take a sip? :huh:

Yes!:glare:

Ah, yes, CG. Honking horns. I remember the days of tail fins, and horns that could honk. At present, small cars like mine can only make pathetic little "meep meep" sounds :ermm:-- no way to really show impatience or a warning.

Catch of the Day

If your friend has a cat and invites you over for meatloaf or hamburgers, stick with just vegetables if he/she refers to the meal as the "Catch of the Day"...:ermm:

I wonder why chicken rabbit and lamb don't have other names so I don't have to think about what they look like when I eat them? Pig is pork, and cow is beef so who made up those names anyway and why couldn't they find non descriptive names for the cute critters we eat?

I wonder why chicken rabbit and lamb don't have other names so I don't have to think about what they look like when I eat them? Pig is pork, and cow is beef so who made up those names anyway and why couldn't they find non descriptive names for the cute critters we eat?

I grew up in a hunting family, so I stopped thinking about it long ago. I suppose we could use the Italian names Pollo, Cognilio, and Agnello. But I'd worry those names just make them sound like members of the Mutant Ninja Turtles. :ermm: :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom