Sunday Dinner 8/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Grilled NY Strip,
Baked & Buttered Russet
Honeyed Carrots...

NY Strip, Grilled -Honeyed Carrots 8-21-22.jpg

Cauliflower 'wings' w/mustard and stir fry sauce. Zucchini bread.

The Weber is responsible for dinner tonight. Grilled some country-style pork ribs. Home fries in the skillet and zucchini in front of the skillet.

IMG_0278.jpg

I made big, colorful salads. We then split the leftover Shrimp Destin with Orzo. Well, technically, we split the leftover orzo. I sautéed some fresh shrimp, since we ate all of the originals.

Chicken strips, yellow zucchini chips (dredged in the same seasoned flour as the chicken and fried), mashed potatoes, and a salad with Trader Joe's Herb salad mix and Trader Joe's Green goddess dressing (didn't get a picture of salad).

Trader Joe's Herb salad mix - a mix of baby lettuces (romaine, oak leaf, red leaf, lollo rosa, tango), baby spinach, red and green chard, mizuna, arugula, frisee, radicchio, parsley, cilantro, and dill.
Trader Joe's Green Goddess dressing - avocado, green onion lemon juice, chives, basil, and garlic.

chicken_zuccini_082122_img_9970-jpg.52180

Today was the "best by" date for some Italian sausages and a chicken breast, so I roasted them on top of some vegis. I used my regular marinade with that. The vegis were purple carrots, celeriac, celery stalks, onions, and garlic. Since we have a bunch of Dragon Lady sesame noodles, we had that too. We also had wholewheat baguette for dipping in the juices at the bottom of the roasting dish.

Sesame noodles and roasted chicken breast, Italian sausage, and vegis, and baguette for dipping.jpg Sesame noodles and roasted chicken breast, Italian sausage, and vegis.jpg

Grilled Chuck Eye with Smoked Paprika, Garlic, and Scallion Butter

Attachments

• 63E990F9-C668-4AB8-B7CB-2B4B2ADCD392.jpg
    63E990F9-C668-4AB8-B7CB-2B4B2ADCD392.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 21
I've been getting into these bowl-style meals lately. It's a great way to add interesting flavors to a dish and use up random bits of veggies and other stuff.

I seasoned boneless, skinless chicken thighs with homemade Lebanese Baharat seasoning and salt and chilled it for a couple hours, then cooked it in my cast iron skillet; I also made rice pilaf. Earlier, I had made tzatziki and a sort of baba ghanoush. I put them all in a bowl with sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and romaine.

It was really good. Next time I'll make the baba ghanoush with labneh instead of yogurt (it's thicker and more tangy) and try to remember to add my Turkish pickled red onions to the plate.

This is the seasoning I used. We love it.
https://www.cheftariq.com/guides/seven-spices/
20220821_192518.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom